U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 07:01 AM

34 posts, read 48,441 times

Advertisements

Hi all!!! We are trying to decide which fair to go to
The Wayne county fair or the sussex nj fair. Does anyone
know if any rides are for toddlers or just bigger kids?

Thanks
Rosanna
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 AM

1,857 posts, read 2,764,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveUrlife7 View Post
Hi all!!! We are trying to decide which fair to go to The Wayne county fair or the sussex nj fair. Does anyone know if any rides are for toddlers or just bigger kids?

Thanks
Rosanna
Amazing what you find with Google:

New Jersey State Fair - Sussex County Farm & Horse Show

Old 08-04-2013, 09:08 AM

Oh you are so nice.
I was just trying to get people's personal experience
with either fair.
Thanks

Old 08-04-2013, 09:34 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,473,420 times
never been to Sussex but the Wayne County fair is very good, kids rides, and different livestock animals to look at, entertainment for little and big both.. and very reasonable.. 8 bucks I think...

Old 08-04-2013, 12:41 PM

1,857 posts, read 2,764,527 times
Quote:
Oh you are so nice. I was just trying to get people's personal experience with either fair. Thanks
Oh ok...hope the link provides some answers at least...

Old 08-04-2013, 10:52 PM

385 posts, read 1,101,491 times
Quote:
Oh you are so nice.
I was just trying to get people's personal experience
with either fair.
Thanks
the nj state fair is great, i went once, i know some people who go every year.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:23 AM

678 posts, read 802,671 times
The New Jersey State Fair is large with alot of activities, exhibitions, and concessions. As for the rides - I believe they cater to all age groups.
For me - I've always thought the art exhibit is alone worth the visit. So many talented local artists are represented. The 4-H exhibits also remind people what fairs are all about!
Never been to Wayne county fair...but I don't believe many will surpass the NJ State fair/Sussex County farm and horse show.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 PM

755 posts, read 2,216,894 times
Having been to both, here's my thoughts...

NJ State Fair/Sussex County Fair.. whatever you call it.. is WAY TOO expensive... When I went in '05, it was $10 to get in and $15 for a 6 hour wrist band for rides. Really? Surprised they don't charge for parking too!!

Wayne County Fair.. we moved out here in '07, I think that was the first year we went.. $8/parking/rides/entrance. Maybe a little smaller than NJ? just a bit.. but definitely worth it!!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:04 PM

Thank you all for your responses. We tried
The Wayne county fair and it was nice. Great
Price and lots there. It was sssoooo packed, we went
Sunday so we knew it would b busy but wow it was
Packed.
Next year we will try the sussex county fair.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:25 AM

30 posts, read 68,270 times
Just be aware that regular admission for the Sussex County Farm and Horse Show (I hate the fact they bought the name "NJ State Fair") is currently $12 for adults and children ages 6-12 is $6. The pay one price for the carnival rides (on the four days it is offered) is $22. That is in addition to the admission fee.

We have been there twice already since we live fairly close. Every year, more of the vendors we like have decided not to return. There were not many animals in the barn area, 4-H or otherwise. A few years ago they eliminated the popular baby animal nursery. We used to have a box seat that we gave up last year as the value was no longer there. The quality and quantity in the horse show has declined. They used to have fairly big names in for concerts. That was discontinued. This is our 36th year attending the fair. I know things change, but the changes have not been for the better in our opinion. Hubby wants to head up to the Harford fair this year, so I think we will do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>