Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:57 PM

937 posts, read 2,878,294 times

Advertisements

I love chinese. We go to the large one in Dickson City. It's good. You don't like Mex?
We never went to a Mexican restaurant. I don't think I would like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 04:41 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,112,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
I love chinese. We go to the large one in Dickson City. It's good. You don't like Mex?
We never went to a Mexican restaurant. I don't think I would like it.
which one in dixon city? we have one in clarks summit that is pretty good also, the name is new century and they also have a buffet which was good too.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM

923 posts, read 3,082,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opc View Post
Bazil, formerly the Fire Grille, is owned and operated by the same people as Basilico's in DC. The menu, as well as the staff, is geared more toward the fine dine experience. They will be open for business starting the week of 2/4/08. They've retained the same atmosphere as the Fire Grille and the food is very good. Pasta, Veal, Chicken, Seafood but no pizza, yet.
Well, they better shape up toooo !!! Management is everything, as a former Firegrill (one word) employee I was called for an interview with
Bazil and neither of the TWO people I spoke with could tell me what the
hourly pay was !!!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 PM

937 posts, read 2,878,294 times
Default I think we went to that Chinese restaurant once

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
which one in dixon city? we have one in clarks summit that is pretty good also, the name is new century and they also have a buffet which was good too.

It's near the Japanese Restaurant right? It was ok, but people were smoking and there wasn't much food out on the buffet. We go to the Dickson City one which is on Rt. 6. It's across from the A T & T phone store and it has a sunroom on the back overlooking the view of Scranton. We went there tonight and it was yummy.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
It's near the Japanese Restaurant right? It was ok, but people were smoking and there wasn't much food out on the buffet. We go to the Dickson City one which is on Rt. 6. It's across from the A T & T phone store and it has a sunroom on the back overlooking the view of Scranton. We went there tonight and it was yummy.
you are right, they really didn't keep up with the buffet.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 5,121 times
If you decide to go to basil, make sure you have nothing else planned for 3 hours.
the service has much to be desired.
dont expect basilicos, its not.
it moves at a snails pace.
i have been there 2x and have many friends that have been there and they all have the same complaint.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by client#9 View Post
If you decide to go to basil, make sure you have nothing else planned for 3 hours.
the service has much to be desired.
dont expect basilicos, its not.
it moves at a snails pace.
i have been there 2x and have many friends that have been there and they all have the same complaint.
is this the one where the nichols inn is,haven't tried it yet...

Old 07-15-2008, 07:30 PM

923 posts, read 3,082,699 times
Yes, Bazil took over the now defunct Firegrill at ' The Inn at Nichols Village'

Old 07-16-2008, 06:59 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,933,078 times
Basilico's is good pizza. I was surprised...with its location, I was expecting just run-of-the-mill mall food court pizza, but this was really good.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,933,078 times
Quote:
The Chinese buffet in the South Side shopping center in Scranton is very good....probably the best I've had around here. I think its called Oriental Buffet....its right next to Alfredo's ....the good Alfredo's (joke from The Office).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania