Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 6,145 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband, 3 year old daughter and I will be moving to the Pocono area due to my husbands job. We have found a nice rental in the Big Bass Lake community. After hearing mixed reviews of some other communities, we/I am a little nervous on the move. I want to make sure we are moving to a safe area. My daughter and I spend 90% of our day outside and want to feel comfortable taking a walk or playing in the yard. I can't find much information about Big Bass Lake so I decided to post here. Would love some opinions- good and bad. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 09:47 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,682 times
I live n Gouldsboro but not in Big Bass so ican only offer what I have heard but not experienced. As you probably know, BB is a large developement ( I did census work there) and I understand that each "area" has it's own personality in that some people say how noisy it can be while others say they only have peace and quiet. As far as I know there does not seem to the be a lot of crime or organized gangs in BB but because many homes in there are rentals and short term rentals, I would expect a certain amount of vandalism or partying. The amenities are nice, you do have security and gated entrances which does not guarantee no crime but will deter it to some extent.

I do frequent Gouldsboro state park which is very close by and have never had a problem with feeling safe. The association should also have a website for more information and ask your realtor about seeing the minutes from the last meeting. That should give you some clues if there are big problems in the area you are looking at.

I hope this helps.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:42 AM

159 posts, read 457,966 times
I've had a home in Big Bass Lake for 9 years. We chose BBL because it is very safe and my family is there all summer while I work on LI during the week. It is important to note that not all of the community is gated. There is a section by the Winter Clubhouse that is not gated. We live on Lake Dr E., near the marina. You will be very happy there. Your daughter will love the kiddie pool. Folks are always out walking, jogging and riding bikes in the nicer weather. No issues.
WELCOME TO BBL!! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:32 PM

472 posts, read 778,608 times
I have been up to the area on many occasions and it was always peaceful and nice. People are friendly and the Gouldsboro State Park was so quiet when I went there it was almost eerie. Although I say eerie I went mid September on a 82 degree day where it still felt like the summer and no one was there, Twilight Zonish lol. It takes getting use to I was at Tobyhanna State Park fishing one day from morning til late afternoon and literally saw not one person. I kind of felt like I was doing something illegal lol. To me I kind of enjoy the peace and the quiet-me time I get when I go to places like that. It just takes a little getting use to and it does make me look over my shoulder a lot if I hear the slightest of sounds. Then again I work in a jail so i'm always watching my back lol. You will love it there, I'm sure of it. Good Luck...

Old 05-19-2014, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,878 times
Hello, I am new to this forum but couldn't help notice your question regarding the Big Bass Lake Community. I have been in and out of the Community several times over the past 10 years visiting friends who live within. Anytime during the Summer when I visit, I will usually see people or families walking or riding their bicycles heading to one of their many facilities or daily planned activities. I can tell you that it is a very clean and quiet Community as far as I can tell, and wouldn't think you should be afraid of going outdoors. If you try the Association web site, [URL="http://www.bblca.com"]www.bblca.com[/URL], you may find other information that you are looking for.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:53 AM

131 posts, read 604,979 times
I have a summer house in Gouldsboro so we are weekenders there and pass BB all the time and went through it couple times and it was very nice and people when saw us all waved to us and seemed to be friendly. We go to beach at the gouldsboro state park with 2 of our kids and its very very nice that almost 2 hour drive for us from NJ is worth going just for the part itself.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,728 times
Default Noise from highway or Americold?

Hi to all,

We are thinking of buying a house in big bass lake. We are pretty sold on the idea, but we are concerned about one issue, which is potential noise coming from either highway 380 and/or from the Americold facilities nearby. The Americold facilities particularly seem gigantic with hundreds of trucks around. I went and visit the lake and could notice a steady low frequency noise. So, I am worried this noise can increase at night for example when trucks can unload in the Americold facility (maybe that noise was just that day...). In fact, there was a noise complain in a different Americold facility elsewhere due to truck traffic. Have any of you noticed any significant noise during day or night, or winter versus summer (in summer tree leaves might help)? I will really appreciate your feedback as we are eager to move in this beautiful area. THANK YOU and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Old 12-27-2018, 07:55 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,142,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyer View Post
Hi to all, We are thinking of buying a house in big bass lake. We are pretty sold on the idea, but we are concerned about one issue, which is potential noise coming from either highway 380 and/or from the Americold facilities nearby. The Americold facilities particularly seem gigantic with hundreds of trucks around. I went and visit the lake and could notice a steady low frequency noise. So, I am worried this noise can increase at night for example when trucks can unload in the Americold facility (maybe that noise was just that day...). In fact, there was a noise complain in a different Americold facility elsewhere due to truck traffic. Have any of you noticed any significant noise during day or night, or winter versus summer (in summer tree leaves might help)? I will really appreciate your feedback as we are eager to move in this beautiful area. THANK YOU and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
If you're worried about noise levels from Americold then look elsewhere....there are other areas that have what you're looking for....

Old 03-21-2019, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,435 times
I see in the fotos there is a small indoor pool. Is it well kept? Is it more like a kiddie splash pool or can an adult do some laps? Thanks

Old 03-21-2019, 09:31 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,142,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardZ View Post
I see in the fotos there is a small indoor pool. Is it well kept? Is it more like a kiddie splash pool or can an adult do some laps? Thanks

Contact them and find out:

BBLCA - Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania