Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:27 PM

4 posts, read 12,395 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I will shortly be relocating to the region for work (at Sanofi) and am currently looking for a place to rent. I am working with a realator, but so far hasn't come up with anything that I'm really interested in yet.

I was able to find a listing of homes for rent from The Pocono Record myself. Most are in the following areas: Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, Tannersville, Mt. Pocono, Tobyhanna, Shawnee on Delaware, Brodheadsville, Pocono Pines, and Marshall Creek. Should I avoid any of these areas, or are any particularly nice? I'd like to be relatively close to town (>10 minutes) for general shopping, etc. I'm not too familiar with the area, but will be making a trip out there this weekend to look at a few places. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Out of these areas I'd definitely avoid Marshalls Creek. Route 209 through this town can be VERY congested at times due to the flea market, and I wouldn't want to be sitting in gridlock for 15 minutes all the time just to get around town. They're building a bypass around Route 209, but work on this has been at a snail's pace.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:24 AM

910 posts, read 2,992,634 times
I recommend La Anna. It's the lower end of Newfoundland, maybe 15minutes away on a lousy day. Still peaceful and beautiful

Old 12-12-2007, 11:53 AM

4 posts, read 12,395 times
Default Moving...

Thanks for the two suggestions. I'll keep them in mind.

I hadn't seen La Anna mentioned in any of the listings, but I'll have to see what I can find. I've made reservations to see a few places in East Stroudsburg and Brodheadsville already, but I really want to look at other areas as well.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:58 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberC8 View Post
Hi All,

I will shortly be relocating to the region for work (at Sanofi) and am currently looking for a place to rent. I am working with a realator, but so far hasn't come up with anything that I'm really interested in yet.

I was able to find a listing of homes for rent from The Pocono Record myself. Most are in the following areas: Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, Tannersville, Mt. Pocono, Tobyhanna, Shawnee on Delaware, Brodheadsville, Pocono Pines, and Marshall Creek. Should I avoid any of these areas, or are any particularly nice? I'd like to be relatively close to town (>10 minutes) for general shopping, etc. I'm not too familiar with the area, but will be making a trip out there this weekend to look at a few places. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amber
Tannersville will bring you close to Sanofi.......You might not want to go to some places that are way, way, up mountains.......Having to get down them during an ice storm would not be fun.
Some areas of Stroudsburg are ok. You don't want to be in town, and you don't want to rent up in Penn Est. up in E. STroudsburg.
Shawnee on the Delaware, very nice.........watch for flood plains. That area sometimes becomes the river. Unexpectedly........
Marshalls Creek way out of your way, and a mess with the roadwork.
Your best bet is in Tannersville, Swiftwater, ........Don't go into A Pocono Cty Place.
Try to stay out of a development "unless it is" Emerald Lakes, Lk Naomi,
Pocono Farms with the club, and golf, clubhouse, pool..........
Brodheadsville is good, Also..........Sciota, Saylorsburg.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:10 AM

4 posts, read 4,810 times
Hi. I am currently in a similar boat. I have young children so great schools and safe neighborhood is important. Any thoughts and update from your move.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:32 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roilver View Post
Hi. I am currently in a similar boat. I have young children so great schools and safe neighborhood is important. Any thoughts and update from your move.

This thread is nine years old. The OP hasn't returned since then.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:52 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
I currently work at Sanofi as a Manpower 'temp'. I live very close to work; less than two miles away - where my wife and I have lived for the last almost forty years. However; I cannot help you with housing - we are not looking. I could help with telling you anything about different locations that you might find. I might also help with any information about your new job - if you need help.

Good luck!

Old 10-30-2016, 06:06 PM

4 posts, read 4,810 times
I need to make a decision soon. I am from West coast and snow is definitely new. How stable is sanofi? Do you get cost of living adjustment annually? I am very interested in biologics but don't know if a 10% increase is enough to move a whole family. Plus I know sanofi doesn't offer stocks where my current company does.

Old 10-31-2016, 05:44 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
I need to make a decision soon. I am from West coast and snow is definitely new. How stable is sanofi? Do you get cost of living adjustment annually? I am very interested in biologics but don't know if a 10% increase is enough to move a whole family. Plus I know sanofi doesn't offer stocks where my current company does.
I am a Manpower employee working for Sanofi. I work as a temporary production worker - which I have done for the last eight years. I am retired and this gives me more than enough money to not worry about any bills - but I also have other sources of income (since I am retired).

I presume that you have been hired as a full time Sanofi employee. I am also thinking that you have a skill/education that warrants travelling all the way across the US. Here is one link that will show approximate salaries of employees at this location: https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/s...11,17_SDJR.htm.

As far as how stable Sanofi is: we are growing in leaps and bounds. We have just built three new buildings and we are in the process of building one more. We are running out of parking - although they are adding additional parking. We are currently using temporary parking at Mt. Airy, about two miles away, for some of our workers and bussing them to the site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania