Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 06:12 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley2014 View Post
Hello everyone! I'm hoping someone in the NEPA region can give me advice on the best areas to relocate. My husband and I will be putting our house in Florida up for sale and love the Jim Thorpe area, however, I'm concerned we won't be able to find a house that is right for our family. We are really hoping for a detached home with a yard for our 2 year old daughter and dogs to play. Most of the homes I've seen are attached it seems. I wouldn't mind attached, but do not want to upset neighbors if the dogs are barking. We do not know the surrounding areas in Carbon County or Monroe County well enough and I was hoping for some guidance on where to start looking. My perfect home would be in a quiet area, close to town or in a small town, no drugs or high crime rates and a place we can really get involved with the community. Our perfect Saturday night is having fun playing board games and laughing, so nightlife isn't a priority. ha! Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Congrats on the sale of your home! What are you looking for as far as price range, size of home, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 07:04 PM

6 posts, read 10,429 times
Hi all Thanks so much for the feedback! Our FL home is now under contract and my husband and I agreed on a home we love in Carbondale. I love older homes. He's a contractor and wanted a fixer upper so he can do the work himself. I've been a wreck all week so haven't had time to post any replies. So many showings on our home in one week and multiple offers - which is great, but not fun when you're still searching for a new home. The buyers are pushing for a quick closing so we should be in NEPA within the next few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania