Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,313 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm new to this site and hope ppl here can help me out. I live in E. Stroudsburg but would like to move. I tend to stay in my small surroundings and really don't know areas around me as far as good places to live or not. I have two kids still living with me and my husband and I would like to rent a house in a pretty area that is safe yet kid friendly. As of now we can afford only $700.00 a month and we would like a three bedroom. I know the prices I see around here are $1000.00 plus and this is just not possible. Any help would be really great - thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 10:10 AM

937 posts, read 2,888,341 times
Default maybe I can help

Why not look near Scranton? There are homes for sale a bit west of there also in your price range. You can try the Dalton area just west of Clarks Summit if you are looking to move this way. Factoryville, Tunkhannock, are also nice areas.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:22 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,963,904 times
You can buy/rent very nice homes in Scranton/Lackawanna County for $700 a month.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,573,812 times
I agree with MemoriesBre and MrKrabs. Try Lackawanna, Luzerne, or Wyoming Counties for a change of scenery. The North Pocono School District in Southern Lackawanna County (Moscow/Thornhurst/Mt. Cobb/Elmhurst/Daleville areas) is consistently among the higher ranked public school districts in the region. Living here would put you roughly 35 minutes from East Stroudsburg and 10-15 minutes from Scranton. By living in an area like this you can still have a semi-rural, small town atmosphere but be near city amenities. There are a lot of newer subdivisions in that area such as Stonefield Estates, Windsor Hill, Harmony Hills, Independence Ridge, Mack Estates, Beechwood Hill, Glen Meadow, Bear Brook Acres, etc. Rentals will be harder to come by, but I believe there is a middle-class apartment complex along Academy Street in the town proper of Moscow, which is within walking distance to the North Pocono School District campus (for your children) and would put you roughly 20 minutes from Scranton.

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 01-08-2008 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania