Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:09 PM

996 posts, read 3,279,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61scout80 View Post
wow, just read that story, very sad.

that was one of my biggest fears when i served as a volunteer firefighter in bear creek. the overhead lines disappear at night, or become severed and lay on the ground waiting to be stepped on. perhaps this will coax Scranton into doing something about it.
Somehow I doubt that Scranton will go throught the expense of installing underground utilities throughout the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 12:48 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Somehow I doubt that Scranton will go throught the expense of installing underground utilities throughout the city.
They won't even undergo the expense of painting lines on most of their streets so folks traveling through downtown bully their way through with their OWN lanes.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:07 PM

996 posts, read 3,279,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
They won't even undergo the expense of painting lines on most of their streets so folks traveling through downtown bully their way through with their OWN lanes.
I don't really see the need to spend the money on painting lines down the middle of the street, which will only wear off after time anyway. Hopefully most licensed drivers know that they should stay to the right.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I don't really see the need to spend the money on painting lines down the middle of the street, which will only wear off after time anyway. Hopefully most licensed drivers know that they should stay to the right.
I'm talking about wide downtown streets that are designed for two lanes in each direction but with people bullying a third lane in each direction. Don't even get me started on those damn double-parkers on Lackawanna Avenue either.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:27 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,625,759 times
Quote:
the lines don't help. we have nice bright lines and people still drive that way. its just the self important bubble americans want to be in. besides, they are cutting off other cars, not people

Old 01-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61scout80 View Post
the lines don't help. we have nice bright lines and people still drive that way. its just the self important bubble americans want to be in. besides, they are cutting off other cars, not people
I can fondly recall a day back in 2005 when I had two rednecks in a pick-up truck screaming at me through my open window because I had "cut them off." I shot back "there's no freakin' lines, so how do YOU know that YOU'RE in the right lane?" An incident of road rage ensued with the pick-up truck speeding up to cut in front of me and hit the brakes in an attempt to get me to rear-end it, but I was able to stop in time and just flipped them the bird. One thing I'll say about Scranton is that the drivers are AWFUL; haven't you folks ever heard of TURN SIGNALS?!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:50 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,625,759 times
Quote:
I can fondly recall a day back in 2005 when I had two rednecks in a pick-up truck screaming at me through my open window because I had "cut them off." I shot back "there's no freakin' lines, so how do YOU know that YOU'RE in the right lane?" An incident of road rage ensued with the pick-up truck speeding up to cut in front of me and hit the brakes in an attempt to get me to rear-end it, but I was able to stop in time and just flipped them the bird. One thing I'll say about Scranton is that the drivers are AWFUL; haven't you folks ever heard of TURN SIGNALS?!
you just described my daily commute

phoenix has some of the worse drivers i ever dealt with. worse than driving in NYC and philly for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania