Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2008, 08:21 AM

42 posts, read 192,111 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone remembers me, my family and I moved to this area (Dunmore) from the Midwest this summer. I wanted to say how much we absolutely love it here!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our neighborhood is fantastic, we have tons of friends, we were invited into people's homes during the holidays many times -- I remember reading on this forum before we came out here that people were "closed" and unfriendly in NEPA....not our experience at all!
We also love how close we are to NYC and Philadelphia, we go there on a regular basis, it is so much fun!! We never want to move again.
I just thought I'd update....take care everyone!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 08:43 AM

937 posts, read 2,888,341 times
Hi and Happy New Year to you New2pa
Glad you guys are settling in nicely. We are here in Tunkhannock and love it here too!
Hope we can meet someday!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:44 AM

414 posts, read 1,779,057 times
Thanks for the considerate update! It's great that the move turned out well for you and that NePA fills (fits) the bill......if you've been pleased with the community (of people) and the advantage of being close to NYC and Philadelphia, you've got it made......continued success, good health, discovery and satisfaction to you and yours....

Old 01-11-2008, 08:45 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,573,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2pa View Post
Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone remembers me, my family and I moved to this area (Dunmore) from the Midwest this summer. I wanted to say how much we absolutely love it here!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our neighborhood is fantastic, we have tons of friends, we were invited into people's homes during the holidays many times -- I remember reading on this forum before we came out here that people were "closed" and unfriendly in NEPA....not our experience at all!
We also love how close we are to NYC and Philadelphia, we go there on a regular basis, it is so much fun!! We never want to move again.
I just thought I'd update....take care everyone!!!
I'm overjoyed to hear that you're enjoying your experience here in NEPA. I thought I saw your name with a property transfer in the paper in early-2007 and was going to drop off a gift basket on the front porch to welcome you to the area, but I thought it might have seemed a bit "stalkerish." LOL! I'm always worried when a newbie says they just moved to our area and then doesn't return; it makes me think "Uh oh. They don't like it here and are mad at us for tricking them into coming here!" It's nice to hear that your family has been so warmly embraced by the neighborhood. They were probably shocked to learn that you moved here from the Plains; most move here from NY/NJ exclusively.

I plan to do a Dunmore Photo Tour at some point nearer to summer, so be on the lookout for some nerdy preppy guy walking around with a digital camera snapping photos of anything that looks interesting.

As always if there's anything we can do to help you become better acclimated to the region, please let us know. I feel as if one of our greatest strengths is being just 2-2.5 hours from NYC or Philly, and I'm glad to see that you're taking advantage of this location, just as my friends and I do when we want to see a Broadway show or visit Old City in Philly.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:37 AM

42 posts, read 192,111 times
Paul, with my husband's driving we can be in downtown Philly in 1h50 mins!!!!!!

I am so sorry I didn't update sooner, my new position has been VERY demanding, and I have had very little time to "play" but you guys have been on my mind often. Everyone was so helpful on the forum when we were in the process of relocating!

And Paul, you can feel free to drop by with a basket at ANY time, just make sure it's the right HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy NEW YEAR to all!

Old 01-11-2008, 05:23 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,762,445 times
new2pa...
So happy for you!
I love the Dunmore area...glad it is all working out for you!
I am looking forward to someday actually having neighbors! Since I live in a community, there are a lot of summer homes. My particular block is like a ghost town this time of year, I look forward to saying "Good Morning!" to someone...anyone!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania