Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 11:33 AM

16 posts, read 15,050 times

Advertisements

I don't need approval. I need to listen. And be listened too.

And I got what I needed from this discussion as well.

Ship testing is necessary. But I feel like I'm not being listened to. That undermines the entire point of **** testing... So all these slanders are actually a projection of people's own fears. I expect criticism, but as long as it's valid and sincere.

That is what I wanted from this thread. To see if people want to listen to something new.

And I aimed for NEPA as one of many places.

Last edited by Good_Stranger; 07-15-2015 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 11:51 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
So, just do it already. Why do you need approval from a bunch of strangers on the internet?

Honestly, taking your ball and going home because you got your feeling hurt indicates you'll never be able to peddle your idea in real life. To be successful at selling anything, whether it's vacuum cleaners or miracle cures for Wilkes-Barre, you have to be able to withstand getting the door slammed in your face, and worse.
Exactly ten of us answered the OP. Many businesses will do extensive research before they open any new location or try to market any new product. Many locations require tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of vehicles to pass by the proposed new location. I am sorry that one pit-bull, hanging off their britches, was too much criticism for the OP.

Back towards the end of the nineteen sixties, lured by the possibility of real wages/money we (my wife and I) attended one of Glenn Turner's "Dare to be Great" seminars. This was at the height of Koscot industries: Glenn Turner -- Out Of Luck Fraud Sentencing May Be His Day Of Reckoning - Page 2 - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel. We went into this 'seminar' with open minds. It started off with saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Then one motivational speaker talked mothers and apple pie and then they started the presentation. It did not take us long to figure out that this was not for us and we promptly got up to leave. Everybody in the audience booed us for leaving - to this date I think the audience was packed with twenty or thirty ringers working for Koscot. I think we were the only fresh meat off the street. So we have been very skeptical all of these years about anybody that promises a better life. Most people do not do something for nothing.

Tuner built his fortune selling franchises to sell franchises. Of course that required a $5,000 original investment. And, of course sooner or later, you run out of people to sell franchises and the pyramid tumbles.

Last edited by fisheye; 07-15-2015 at 12:48 PM..

Old 07-15-2015, 12:07 PM

16 posts, read 15,050 times
Rejection and failure are also useful life experiences as well. Hence, I know now to be careful about the prejudice of victims.

But that's something more subtle. But I read what you mean fisheye

Last edited by Good_Stranger; 07-15-2015 at 12:18 PM..

Old 07-15-2015, 12:23 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,848,380 times
For the (semi-permanent) record...

This forum's purpose/audience, the cryptic approach, and the limited responses are hardly a valid sampling of anything remotely resembling the OP's stated interest.

But I think we all know that

Say good night Dick

Old 07-15-2015, 01:04 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Stranger View Post
Rejection and failure are also useful life experiences as well. Hence, I know now to be careful about the prejudice of victims.

But that's something more subtle. But I read what you mean fisheye
There are several other reasons that I bring prejudice to this discussion. Iridium industries in East Stroudsburg was given nine million to retool and provide jobs for our area. Instead they went out and hired 81 illegal immigrants: Article Preview: Five plead guilty in Iridium illegals scheme - poconorecord.com - Stroudsburg, PA. Many times the county/municipal funds are misused or used in a way that the residents do not approve. We have one community college that was just given funds while they brought in personnel from another county and they offer discounts to students from the same county. Or, we have a shipping company that received funds to reopen an old freight terminal and they only hired a small portion of employees that originally worked at that location.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being skeptical. Of course we could overlook a good thing. Today there are just far too many trying to take our money than those trying to give us money.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:05 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Good night, Dick.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:38 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,896,256 times
Good Night Dick, see Jane run...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania