Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 09:40 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times

Advertisements

Faccia Luna is indeed surprisingly good for a chain. Their Scranton location is probably the most unique, being housed in a rehabilitated historic bank building. I've dined here twice and have had mixed experiences. My friend didn't like his salad the last time he was there, and I didn't like the fettucine alfredo I had the last time I was there (the noodles were kind of crunchy and the alfredo sauce wasn't very cheesy). I'll still go back though because the service was wonderful, the atmosphere was great, and I want to take a stroll to do some window-shopping along Main Avenue the next time I'm in Hyde Park anyways.

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 05-21-2008 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 06:16 AM

6 posts, read 28,747 times
My top 5 restaurants in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area (I'm from W-B)
1. Isabella, Plains

Old 05-22-2008, 06:17 AM

6 posts, read 28,747 times
My top 5 restaurants in the Wilkes-Barre Area:
1. Isabella, Plains
2. Cuvenee', Dallas
3. Hottle's, W-B
4. Anthony's, Old Forge
5. Cork, W-B

Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Faccia Luna is indeed surprisingly good for a chain. Their Scranton location is probably the most unique, being housed in a rehabilitated historic bank building. I've dined here twice and have had mixed experiences. My friend didn't like his salad the last time he was there, and I didn't like the fettucine alfredo I had the last time I was there (the noodles were kind of crunchy and the alfredo sauce wasn't very cheesy). I'll still go back though because the service was wonderful, the atmosphere was great, and I want to take a stroll to do some window-shopping along Main Avenue the next time I'm in Hyde Park anyways.
I did notice that it was a chain, but a small one run by a few people. I believe one of the owners is originally from the Scranton area, which is why they opened a location here. I think there's only maybe 3 other locations...a couple around Washington DC, and another in State College.

I had the pizza (with sausage) which was really good....different....I really liked the taste from the wood-fired oven. I also had a meatball grinder which was really good.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:22 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
I'm not sure I can make a top 5 list, at least not in order....it all depends what I'm in the mood for at the time.....my list would include
Rossi's - Archbald (Italian)
La Tolteca, Wilkes-Barre/Mi Tolteca, Moosic
Villa Maria, Scranton (Italian)
The Glider, Scranton (diner)
Windsor Inn, Jermyn (hot wings)
Faccia Luna, Scranton (pizza/Italian)
Revello's, Old Forge (pizza)
Ragnacci's, Dunmore (Italian)
Abe's Hot Dogs, Wilkes-Barre
Maroni's Pizza, Scranton
Andy's Pizza, Peckville
The Banshee, Scranton (sandwiches, melts, hot wings, fries, general bar food, great beer selection, and you can't beat the Irish music)

And I just wish we had good seafood in this area....at this point, Red Lobster and Cooper's are about even, with Red Lobster getting the nod for me because its cheaper, although Cooper's has a great beer selection.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:08 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
I just ate at Elegante in Honesdale again the other day with the better half. Their calzones are downright delicious, and I enjoyed smothering it in their marinara sauce! I should also give a shout-out to Brixx in Downtown Scranton. I haven't been there in a while, but their B-B-B Burgers really know how to turn me on. I'm still eagerly anticipating the opening of Bella Vino too near Pittston. Has anyone ever eaten at the Bake House in Kingston?

Old 06-03-2008, 03:43 PM

3 posts, read 15,425 times
Talking best restaurants

I eat out a lot. I just love the whole dining experience. In the area, I think the best restaurants are:
1. Katana, WB - the best, freshest sushi around. Could easily compete against a Manhattan sushi house.
2. Isabella, Plains twp. - quality food & service - they're always on top of their game
3. Pepato, Clarks Summit - steaks are fantastic
4. Hottle's, WB - old school seafood joint but good and consistent

Old 06-03-2008, 03:47 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemay2 View Post
I eat out a lot. I just love the whole dining experience. In the area, I think the best restaurants are:
1. Katana, WB - the best, freshest sushi around. Could easily compete against a Manhattan sushi house.
2. Isabella, Plains twp. - quality food & service - they're always on top of their game
3. Pepato, Clarks Summit - steaks are fantastic
4. Hottle's, WB - old school seafood joint but good and consistent
I have been meaning to try pepato's,what else is good there. I also believe
you can bring your own bottle.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:00 AM

3 posts, read 15,425 times
Yep - it is a BYOB. When I go there I usually opt for a steak, however the chef/owner does really creative specials & nice fish dishes. The bananas foster for dessert is always delicious ( an oldie but a goodie). They had a fire recently so give a call and make sure they're up & running.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:56 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,802,909 times
question ; what Irish resturants or pubs are in Scranton and where are they? I loved Siamsa in Stroudsburg, but its too far to go to jsut for lunch (have to ahve my fix of an irish breakfast).

Thanks
dorothy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania