Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 0 0%
No 6 100.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:33 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times

Advertisements

Or you can just go, get the oil change, decline everything else, and save a few bucks especially if it's more convenient at the time. They're "shuysters" only when you let them be "shuysters." Stand at the window and watch them change your oil and top off your fluids. Say "no", more than once if necessary, to somehting that you do not want or feel is necessary. Not everyone that talks the gullible into a spending more money at their place is necessarily crooked.

Better yet, change the oil yourself. You get the pride of taking care of your investment yourself, and it's really not that difficult, unless you own a Jetta. I've found that the German engineers have developed a way to build an entire engine around an oil filter. It's just common sense to know how to perform at least basic maintenance yourself on something that you've spent several thousand dollars for. Why depend on someone else?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:43 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
I need to buy a jack so I can do it myself in my garage. When I had a truck a few years back, I always did it myself, but I was just able to slide underneath because it was high enough off the ground.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:44 PM

Just stay away from Wal-Mart for oil changes. They stripped the threads on my oil pan a few years ago and I had to get a new oil pan.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:54 PM

I would think wheel ramps are cheaper, and probably a lot sturdier than jacks.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:32 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
So how big does everyone think Mayor Doherty's head grew when he saw himself on the cover of this month's Happenings Magazine along with a lengthy article about he and his family? I wonder who he's friends with at the magazine?

Old 03-24-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
So how big does everyone think Mayor Doherty's head grew when he saw himself on the cover of this month's Happenings Magazine along with a lengthy article about he and his family? I wonder who he's friends with at the magazine?
His head is already large....both literally and figuratively...

Old 03-24-2008, 02:35 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Maybe it was paid for by "Doherty for mayor 2008". Honestly Mr. Krabs will tell you about the billboards. You are going to see that face EVERYWHERE he can get it. Its a election year.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Maybe it was paid for by "Doherty for mayor 2008". Honestly Mr. Krabs will tell you about the billboards. You are going to see that face EVERYWHERE he can get it. Its a election year.

Yep...the old taxpayer-funded "Summer in the City" billboards, only up during election year, with half of the billboard being Doherty's smug cocky face, and only in the city. Don't you think if it was an actual marketing campaign, there would have been some of those billboards OUTSIDE the city?

Old 03-24-2008, 02:41 PM

It's not like it's Time or Newsweek, and it's not like it was a big suprise. Or was this just another shot at the mayor for the sake of taking a shot at the mayor?

So he's on the cover of a magazine that a few people pick up on the end of the supermarket cash register, or leaf through while waiting for the desk clerk to call up their reservation. Big f-ing deal. If his head even minutely changes sizes at all because of this, then he has more self esteem problems than even you, Paul.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:41 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Yep...the old taxpayer-funded "Summer in the City" billboards, only up during election year, with half of the billboard being Doherty's smug cocky face, and only in the city. Don't you think if it was an actual marketing campaign, there would have been some of those billboards OUTSIDE the city?
You'd think that, wouldn't you? If I were in charge of marketing efforts for the city, I'd look at investing in pro-city billboards along I-476 Northbound between Philadelphia and the Lehigh Valley, I-78 Westbound between Central Jersey and the Lehigh Valley, I-81 Southbound between Syracuse and Binghamton, and I-80 Westbound between North Jersey and the Delaware Water Gap. Why? These are all hot commuting arteries, and when people are stuck in traffic on their way home from work, they may see the billboards and wish to scope out Scranton for a family-oriented weekend trip. Whether you like the mayor or not has no bearing on the fact that there is a lot to see and do here (Coal Mine Tour, Steamtown, Houdini Museum, Everhart, La Festa Italiana, Yankees, etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania