Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 0 0%
No 6 100.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 05:52 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times

Advertisements

I see it as who you love, you love, and if two people of the same sex can be happy with one another and live in harmony isn't that better than a heterosexual couple who is cheating and lying to each other, or maybe beating each other up. What about these heterosexual couples that go and have kids and are killing them? I've heard more than i care to in the last 6 months of heterosexual couple killing their kids. I think there have been maybe 2 or 3 kids in this area that have been killed by their so called parents, it makes me sick. So if you can be happy with someone of the same sex and live a good life and raise your children in peace, by all means go for it. The children won't mind.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:55 PM

128 posts, read 355,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
HOLY MELTDOWN! Did anyone else just see Franus and Gatelli going at it on television?!
Hey here's a question for you all, since I'm not living in the area right now. I've seen clips from a few of the Scranton City Council meetings on YouTube, and there are a few with this guy who comes in, usually wearing a baseball cap and who has what I think is a NY accent, and always gets into fights with the Council. Who is that guy and what's his deal? Just curious, thanks!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:02 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skijmpr View Post
Hey here's a question for you all, since I'm not living in the area right now. I've seen clips from a few of the Scranton City Council meetings on YouTube, and there are a few with this guy who comes in, usually wearing a baseball cap and who has what I think is a NY accent, and always gets into fights with the Council. Who is that guy and what's his deal? Just curious, thanks!
The man's name is Ray Lyman. I initially just thought he was a typical Scranton nut job that you see foaming at the mouth at the meetings (like Fay Franus), but once someone else on this forum (I think it might have been CHS89 or MrKrabs) informed me that he was mentally challenged, I immediately felt guilty for ever making fun of him. He's become a local "hero" of sorts though---he even has his own FaceBook fan site profile.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:54 PM

128 posts, read 355,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
The man's name is Ray Lyman. I initially just thought he was a typical Scranton nut job that you see foaming at the mouth at the meetings (like Fay Franus), but once someone else on this forum (I think it might have been CHS89 or MrKrabs) informed me that he was mentally challenged, I immediately felt guilty for ever making fun of him. He's become a local "hero" of sorts though---he even has his own FaceBook fan site profile.
Ah, interesting. Well, with that, I think you do have to give him credit for having the courage to go in there and speak his mind to the Council. And I have to think some of the Council members could try to not be so callous with him. Yes, I am sure it gets annoying having to hear him rant every so often (not sure how often he does this?) but having grown up living next door to someone who had Down's Syndrome, I am sympathetic to the fact that he might not completely understand how his behavior affects others.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:23 PM

47 posts, read 76,538 times
Exclamation HILLARY... OBAMA now I'm confused!

As you can see from my name I am (or was) a Hillary Supporter. I even gave her campaign money. I'm not one of those blind voters.That is, someone who simply sticks with a canidate. Although this time, with Hillary and the thought of the Clinton's again, I could not see me switching to Obama. Although, I must admit, there is something I liked about him....

Today, after a mounting heap of information that pulled on my support for Hillary...The report I just saw (and searched on Google to verify)...finally broke me!

Washington Lobbist MARK PENN, the long-time friend and top political stratagist for ALL their campaigns, Hillary's top advisor right now -is lobbying Congress to get a bill for Free-Trade passed for the Columbian Government who paid him millions of Dollars!Hillary supposedly said she is for UNIONS and is against the very same bill! This is THE WALL STREET JOURNAL ARTICLE RELEASED TODAY:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120726769569388303.htmlmod=googlenews_wsj

Coupled with Bill's $58 million from speeches and partnership dealings with Doubi and other Middle Eastern Oil Sultans!

Ohh! There is too much out there to even list...I'm so disapointed...I don't even feel like voting...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18958566

Input, info or help anyone?

Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 PM

I plan to cast a write-in vote for Dan Hubbard.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:30 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times
Amanda, I can not say I am surprised by the info in your post. Ron Paul for president!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:20 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
Amanda, I can not say I am surprised by the info in your post. Ron Paul for president!!!!!!!

I will be writing in Ron Paul in November whether he's running or not. I refuse to hold my nose and pick the lesser of two evils as I always do. I will vote my conscience, which, if more people did this, maybe we could change the government from the same old corrupt "liberals vs. neocons" failure.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:32 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
I will be writing in Ron Paul in November whether he's running or not. I refuse to hold my nose and pick the lesser of two evils as I always do. I will vote my conscience, which, if more people did this, maybe we could change the government from the same old corrupt "liberals vs. neocons" failure.
What have we got to lose? I see nothing promising in Hillary, Obama or McCain. With those choices we're screwed three ways.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
we're screwed three ways.
Under different circumstances that phrase might sound appealing, but I must agree with you, MrKrabs, and MermanMike that this election will once again come down to choosing the lesser of two evils in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania