Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:43 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
I lived in Old Forge for a year........and I am no back in NJ, really why do they call Old Forge the pizza capital? It doesnt taste good at all.. I really never understood the whole craze.

Heresy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 12:46 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,618,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post

Heresy!
Huh? you lost me on that one!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:47 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Quote:

Heresy!
I agree. Old Forge pizza is the best. Nothing like a tray of red from Revello's with meatballs.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
I agree. Old Forge pizza is the best. Nothing like a tray of red from Revello's with meatballs.
I had Revellos (since I lived close to there) it was okay, but you probably wouldnt like NJ pizza then. Dont get me wrong I loved it there, loved my house, made alot of friends, just didnt care for the pizza or the school there. Actually the worst was at that bar...cannot think of the name of it, I lived on West Oak across from the cemetary and when you mae a left it was down t he street on the left hand side....... that pizza was God awful!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:54 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Quote:
I had Revellos (since I lived close to there) it was okay, but you probably wouldnt like NJ pizza then. Dont get me wrong I loved it there, loved my house, made alot of friends, just didnt care for the pizza or the school there. Actually the worst was at that bar...cannot think of the name of it, I lived on West Oak across from the cemetary and when you mae a left it was down t he street on the left hand side....... that pizza was God awful!!!
I assume NJ pizza is basically NY style pizza. I like NY pizza, but Old Forge style is my favorite.

One place in Old Forge that I think is overrated is Arcaro and Genell's. I didn't care for it at all.

My favorite local NY style pizza would be Vincenzo's in West Scranton and Basilico's in Dickson City.

Last edited by FightinPhils; 05-01-2008 at 01:03 PM..

Old 05-01-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I assume NJ pizza is basically NY style pizza. I like NY pizza, but Old Forge style is my favorite.

One place in Old Forge that I think is overrated is Arcaro and Genell's. I didn't care for it at all.
New York has better pizza I will admit. One thing I miss was the St Pattys day Parade. and teh steam town mall....my brother still lives on N Webster I should go visit .

Old 05-01-2008, 01:01 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,194 times
Quote:
Huh? you lost me on that one!
I think the kids today are saying:

"OH NO YOU DINT!!!!11!1"

Old 05-01-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I think the kids today are saying:

"OH NO YOU DINT!!!!11!1"
But I did!!!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:22 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Quote:

My favorite local NY style pizza would be Vincenzo's in West Scranton and Basilico's in Dickson City.
I hate to get back on this damn pizza thread, but Vincenzo's and Basilico's also have good food besides their pizza. I do like their pizza though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania