Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 10:54 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times

Advertisements

it's officially a new season. the daffodils are blooming in the yard. there's no snow on the ground, unlike last year. it's going to warm up (again) soon. i love the warm seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 01:37 AM

429 posts, read 718,962 times
Happy Spring to you too! Love it!
Time to get out the shades

Old 03-20-2016, 03:18 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Happy Spring to you, too, G. Of course, the outside degrees are in the 20s this AM so I'm going by the temp in my central heated house.

I'm not sure about the status of my daffys - I haven't been on an inspection tour since I've been home. Must go look today, before the snow flies.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:33 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,233,156 times
Thanks Gerania, same to you....my dafs are blooming because they face the South, tulips we planted in Nov. are starting to push thru the earth...Forsythia is half bloomed...

There is a pod of Dafs bigger than the others right under 'Jason'.

Jason is the Lawn Jockey that started off at my Grandmas in Wilkes Barre, went to my parents house, when they passed away I inherited him. The extra light he sheds at night causes things to grow faster under his glow.

It's amazing how he hasn't aged over the years...he still has a tight little butt that a former girlfriend back in the 60s used to caress and pinch when she walked by him...I remember us putting love beads and flowers on his ears too.

Friday I went out and cut some p u s s y Willow branches, bought some hardy pansies, tomorrow after the threat of snow passes, I will decorate the antique bowl shaped cement urns out front with cut forsythia, p u s s y willow, and the pansies...

My wife bought a Spring motif banner for the flagpole and will attempt to make a Forsythia wreath for the front door.

Easter is already next week...

Old 03-20-2016, 09:40 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,848,734 times
We know it's spring because the groundhogs are back (from Florida?). They usually arrive just before the first daffis bloom, ..

Old 03-20-2016, 10:00 AM

472 posts, read 778,472 times
Hi everyone just enjoy life... Every time we get another day on this great big earth and have a job and food on our table it's a blessing. Easter is coming, the winter passed without much bad weather and the more enjoyable weather is coming. Soon the striped bass will be passing along the Jersey Shore and its my year to land another monster. I might even have visitors this summer lol. Oh yeah swimming in the pool soon too, I can't wait....

Old 03-20-2016, 10:34 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
We know it's spring because the groundhogs are back (from Florida?). They usually arrive just before the first daffis bloom, ..

Don't worry about the groundhogs; we will make sure the are pushing up the daisy's! They love my apple trees and we like our apple trees; one of us has to go!

Speaking of Spring; I have to get my dormant oil on my trees before the buds come out and that could be pretty soon. The biggest problem with this warm winter/spring is that some trees could go into bloom too soon and then we could have a hard freeze killing the early flowers and buds - hence no fruit in the summer.

Glad our Nor'easter is going to be one non-issue storm. Those weather people were trying to get us to watch the weather for more hits and a bigger market share.

Happy Spring!

Old 03-20-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
Hi everyone just enjoy life... Every time we get another day on this great big earth and have a job and food on our table it's a blessing. Easter is coming, the winter passed without much bad weather and the more enjoyable weather is coming. Soon the striped bass will be passing along the Jersey Shore and its my year to land another monster. I might even have visitors this summer lol. Oh yeah swimming in the pool soon too, I can't wait....
Hey Sarge!
Didn't know you fish the Jersey Shore...Last Fall was a banner season, spring was good too...I fished til the first week of Dec....How about you...get any nice Stripers/Blues?

Killed the Fluke til the season closed too. My favorite eating fish...only kept one Striper for eating...the rest went back into the Surf.

More fish than I ever caught this year since I started fishing 'the suds' at Island Beach State Park in 1993 when I got my Jeep Wrangler and Beach Buggy permit.

Where do you Fish?...further North?

Old 03-20-2016, 05:10 PM

472 posts, read 778,472 times
We fish down in Keyport in the Raritan, last year I didn't go out at all... This fall I will have time and opportunity and will take advantage. I really don't eat lake fish and love eating flounder and fluke but prefer catching the striped bass n blues. Plenty of giving fish away and many returns of course. My friend has a boat and this fall I will be going out with him all I can. I'm not such a fresh water fisherman but I have found a few good spots to get some bass and pike. I do some cat fishing for a few people at work twice a year but that's not fishing they are too easy to catch and no fight at all. May be we can link up for a night out down the shore...

Old 03-20-2016, 05:23 PM

Sounds like a plan Sarge...

I'm retired, so my schedule is pretty open....

except every second Weds. of the month I count my socks and clip my toenails.

hahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania