Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:48 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,098,909 times

Advertisements

I never get sick of ice cream but there are things I do get sick of. Again I place the blame on the city not Doherty or Cordaro personally. The city. Its their responsiblity to maintain it just like it is the landlords responsiblity to maintain any rental unit unless a agreement is struck. The city should have set it up so they didn't have to do it but they didn't, did they so it wasn't Bob's problem was it. Whats the matter didn't Bob give you a part in the Nutcracker or something up at McDade, or did Jason **** you off before he passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 01:06 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
<blah blah blah>Again I place the blame on the city not Doherty or Cordaro personally. The city. Its their responsiblity to maintain it just like it is the landlords responsiblity to maintain any rental unit unless a agreement is struck. The city should have set it up so they didn't have to do it but they didn't, did they so it wasn't Bob's problem was it. <blah blah blah>
Did you miss the part where I said AN agreement should have been struck??? Here it is again, in bold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89
An agreement should have been brokered between the city, county and the SPT in which the tenant would provide this basic maintenance (including structural and groundskeeping) in lieu of a portion of the rent.
You're absolutely right. It wasn't. Bad city.

It's still spilled milk at this point, man. Get over it already.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:15 PM

Nope saw your point there clear as day just wanted to address it again. I'm over it but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it. You do realize that the point of a message board is discuss things in our city and region right? I still say that your pissed about some part you didn't get. Was it in HMS Pinafore?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:22 PM

Just think Schlesinger is an arrogant ass is all. My dislike for arrogant asses goes well beyond you, friend.

City missed an opportunity, and as we all know, you can only unscrew a lightbulb.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
Just think Schlesinger is an arrogant ass is all. My dislike for arrogant asses goes well beyond you, friend.

City missed an opportunity, and as we all know, you can only unscrew a lightbulb.
Dan isn't an arrogant ass. You may disagree with him, but he's not that. This is a forum where we discuss things, whether we like them or not. It's just opinions that no individual should take to heart.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:55 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,968,689 times
After watching Chris Doherty's interview on the news last night regarding the fire chief fiasco, I think its official that Doherty is an arrogant ass.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
After watching Chris Doherty's interview on the news last night regarding the fire chief fiasco, I think its official that Doherty is an arrogant ass.
I agree with you 100 percent. Doherty must go!!!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 09:22 AM

Yeah, his response was ignorant and indignant.

But if we're going to call for the removal of pompus self-serving politicians, then let's start with Evans, shall we? And when we're done removing all the pompous local pols, we'll move on to county, state, and federal levels. When we're all done, we can sit back and watch how smoothly the government functions with absolutely no leadership of any kind whatsoever. But, wait a minute, that would mean that the citizens would be forced to take responsibility for themselves, rather than just blaming everyone else. Hmmm, that could never work. Maybe there's a more reasonable solution somewhere in the middle...

Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 AM

Instead of just blasting away whats your answer? No matter what you say the needless and wreckless spending by Doherty is just wrong. I could deal with arrogance and self-inflation because they are just par for the course, but the total disregard for things that are important like the fire dept equipment is what I hate.

He stated himself that he is the only one that buys the equipment. So what are we to think when we hear and see that the dept has old equipment and does not have what it needs and should have by all rights. Contract battles over pay aside they need this stuff to do their job and they just want whats safe and right. By keeping the dept from buying the equipment that they needed he is in a sense has putting their lives at risk more then needed and is endangering the public by limiting the depts effectiveness.

Doherty has by no means been a good mayor and the reality is that the city might look a little better but it is essentially worse off then before he took office because of the debt.
So what do you propose that the residents do? Who do you think would be a good mayor?
I mean someone that could balance a budget and push the initiatives forward that would legitimately move us forward in a fiscally and growth positive direction?

I'm not looking to argue, I'm putting the sword down and asking you what you think.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:58 AM

I think that overall the mayor is doing an OK job. Not great, not horrible. Decent. Given the potential options, I'd probably vote for him if the election were tomorrow.

I think the firemen are absolutely right in wanting a new fire chief. Davis apparently has proven himself ineffective, and when his own staff mutinies, even in an embarassingly public manner, then at the very least he should be given the hook. At the very least, he should be given a retirement incentive that's too good to pass up. It won't technically be a firing, but it will be for the greater good. It's not unheard of. In this case, the "greater good" being served would be the morale of the department. Both sides are handling this episode very poorly, however, and it's reflecting badly on everything else surrounding it.

Who do I think would be a good mayor? I think for the most part we have one. That said, I think we're as close as we're going to get to having the great mayor you're looking for, given the current crop of contenders (you haven't formally declared yet, have you?) You already know who I feel will make a horrible mayor...

I also think we're in the wrong thread for this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania