Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:26 AM

755 posts, read 2,332,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
FF, that is a great Valentine's Day present. I have 2 of them, they are like an old married couple. I wanted to adopt Mr. Peabody recently, but hubby doesn't like cats as much as I do. We have a dog too and it is great that they all get along!
Hat -
We have a deaf, liver spotted (brown) dalmatian and a tiger tabby. They're a year apart in age. They get along so well...they play with each other, sleep together, have the same water dish. The cat eats the dogs food if he's too lazy to go downstairs to his. I don't think another cat would be a problem here...lol...

Belle

Charlie (sorry about the size...couldn't figure out how to make it smaller!!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 10:33 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,548,960 times
Adorable!!! FF, Simply Devine! Having animals is the best investment I ever made. Belle. is cute, have never seen one that color. Charlie is a cutie. Something about boxes, right? You can buy all the toys in the world, but they love boxes! Yes, my cats go near the dog food all the time and the dog doesn't mind. The JRT would mind, she was very possessive. The 3 amigos get along, and it's like a Tom and Jerry cartoon in our house. keep us posted on the possible near addition to the family.

The Hat

Old 02-12-2008, 11:18 AM

I call him our "Charlie in a box" like on the Island of Misfit Toys in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer...lol...

Old 02-12-2008, 11:43 AM

FF, Good sense of humor. I recently saw the movie! Do you think one of the fire departments could have some kind of fund-raiser for the animal shelter? Whatya think?

The Hat

Old 02-12-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
FF, Good sense of humor. I recently saw the movie! Do you think one of the fire departments could have some kind of fund-raiser for the animal shelter? Whatya think?

The Hat
Ya know...I thought of that too but right now I know that Shohola Fire Dept/Sta41 is trying to raise funds to put towards a new rescue truck so, not that they are going broke, but I think they are in a similar boat as the animal shelter whereas they get a limited amount of funds from state/county/township and then the rest they have to make up on their own.

Most volunteer fire depts are like that.

I think the big thing is to get the word out that they really need money and supplies. Not sure how else to do it which is why I posted here. Is there a TV station locally that will run some kind of notice/ad for free?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:51 PM

Maybe Blue Ridge, the local cable network, but I do not know what the legalities are. They rasie money in Milford to prevent Domestic Abuse, certainly some organization around could get something for the shelter. Good idea about posting here. Maybe someone that knows, could give some ideas on how to help these poor animals out.

Hat

Last edited by BLUEDIAMOND64; 02-12-2008 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: misspell

Old 02-12-2008, 06:13 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,461,966 times
Cute pictures! I love ALL animals, but I have to admit to being partial to cats. Well, I went up to the shelter today to drop off dog and cat food, towels, a blanket and some cleaning supplies. I called first to see what would be best. I hope more people will participate. It's good to read about all the good intentions of others.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:14 PM

I'm going to see my sister on Sunday...I'll have to email her to remind her about the cat/dog foor for the shelter. Looks like I'll be making a trip there myself next week.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:24 PM

910 posts, read 2,991,315 times
Alot of the real local newspapers will run a free ad for something if it's a good community cause. You can also put together a bake sale at a local store and all proceeds can go to the shelter, many stores around are willing to help out, and if anything it just brings in some more business for them

Old 02-13-2008, 01:35 PM

113 posts, read 414,727 times
Mount Haven restaurant is hosting a fundraiser for the shelter next month:

Mt. Haven Resort and Restaurant - Catering Trays (http://www.mthavenresort.com/upcoming_events.htm - broken link)

I was speaking with one of the coordinators who told me that the shelter needs like $18,000 a month in order to operate properly. Lord, I hope they raise LOTS of money for the pups and kitties!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania