Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:33 PM

7 posts, read 38,361 times

Advertisements

This is great advice, and we will definately take a trip to the area in the summer. Does anyone have an idea of the most active tennis communities? I'm looking for a place that has a pro and maybe a team that plays other communities. You'd think i was great from all the fuss. I'm just OK, but I think tennis would be a fun active way for me to enter the social scene in a new community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 07:40 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,169 times
Default PF and Arrowhead

I don't know about the other places but Pocono Farms is just way too close to Pocono Crappy** oops!** I mean, Country Place and all your shopping and traveling outside the community is going to be around the charming (gag) inhabitants of PCP.

Arrowhead Lakes is pretty nice in certain areas but in others the houses are crammed close together. I like the dirt roads and out of way places- not the houses close to the lake and pools. Too much rental traffic and too many people. The pools are kept nice and clean, beaches are small but suffice. There are alot of activities for home owners and they put in a rec room and gym when they built the new welcome center. Rules here are pretty strict and security is on top of it all. All in all, living here has been a good experience. Pocono Country Place and the surrounding areas were a nightmare to live in.

Good luck where ever you decide!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:23 PM

7 posts, read 38,361 times
Default Lake Wallenpaupak

OK, I'm starting to get a feel for the Lake Harmony, Naomi, Arrowhead area, and thanks to all those who replied. Now, can anyone out there give me an overview of the Lake Wallenpaupak communities? Remember, we're the ski, golf, tennis, fishing, boating family and are looking for a community that has more of a vacation or resort feel. I'm considering up there because it is a powerboat lake. Thanks again.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:33 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,801,905 times
We are in the process of buying in WLE. It does not ahve golf but I think the Hideout does.

I am pretty sure others would have more infor for you.

WLE has lake access.
d

Old 03-11-2008, 05:38 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,113,541 times
check the communities around lake wallenpaupack thread, on the NEPA forum. There are quite a few posts now regarding that area.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:51 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
Lake Wallenpaupack is beautiful. . . just added too much commute time for us. It is a powerboat lake, significantly larger than any other community lake in which you've expressed interest. While there are several nice communities in the LW area,

the lake itself is open to anyone under the PA Fish and Boat Commission regs. (The lake and shoreline is technically owned by PPL.)

Last edited by toobusytoday; 05-29-2009 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: edited out realtor listing

Old 03-11-2008, 07:33 AM

996 posts, read 3,278,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki337 View Post
OK, I'm starting to get a feel for the Lake Harmony, Naomi, Arrowhead area, and thanks to all those who replied. Now, can anyone out there give me an overview of the Lake Wallenpaupak communities? Remember, we're the ski, golf, tennis, fishing, boating family and are looking for a community that has more of a vacation or resort feel. I'm considering up there because it is a powerboat lake. Thanks again.
Tanglwood Lakes is a nice community with it's own country club and golf course, located at Lake Wallenpaupack.

Tanglwood Lakes Community Association - Home Page

Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 AM

7 posts, read 20,049 times
Default Lake Naomi for sure

I know I'm almost three months late in adding my two cents here but...

Lake Naomi has a great marketing website for info. on their amenities; www.LNC.org

It has a great tennis program with 16 har-tru tennis courts as well as an indoor community center with indoor tennis courts. And their lake is 277 acres in size, so not as small as others have indicated. Lake Naomi always seems to get written up for being one of the better vacation communities in the Poconos.
5 Great Summer Getaways - Main Line Today - May 2009 - Philadelphia, PA

It all comes down to amenities when you are on vacation. Also, NOTHING beats taking a drive through these communities. Seeing them definitely points out some things that community profiles cannot express. It would be a good move to do so - especially before spending a week somewhere that you're unhappy with.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:58 PM

159 posts, read 458,049 times
Big Bass just got new tennis courts at their new clubhouse. There is a regular tennis crowd. They have 2 seperate facilities with a total of 6 courts.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:37 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
If the OP is still around I'd enjoy reading an update of what you've found. . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania