Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:37 PM

3 posts, read 21,546 times

Advertisements

Mod note: This Thread was started in 2008 and all posters who have responded are not active members of this forum.

About 30 years ago I attended a basketball camp in the Poconos that was run by Dave Bing. There were alot of other pros there, in fact I think it was called Dave Bings all pro camp. Before I left I had all the pro's sign a program.
they included;Dave Bing, Maurice Lucas,Campy Russell, Terry Furlow,Howe Landa, and two others I can't quite identify. One might be Don Carlisle and the other looks like Vito Talius. I recently found the program, and I'm wondering if there is a market for this type of thing. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-30-2017 at 10:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 04:28 PM

414 posts, read 1,779,130 times
He was a star for the Syracuse Univ. Orangemen, wasnt he?

Old 03-04-2008, 06:01 AM

414 posts, read 1,779,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beener View Post
about 30 years ago I attended a basketball camp in the Poconos that was run by Dave Bing. There were alot of other pros there, in fact I think it was called Dave Bings all pro camp. Before I left I had all the pro's sign a program.
they included;Dave Bing, Maurice Lucas,Campy Russell, Terry Furlow,Howe Landa, and two others I can't quite identify. One might be Don Carlisle and the other looks like Vito Talius. I recently found the program, and I'm wondering if there is a market for this type of thing. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
I neglected to submit that you could try eBay....there's a big sports memorabilia following there. Or take ottoan older local sporting goods store
foran informal opinion /guidance. You never know who might have a sentimental attachment to some of those names and would pay at least something to possess the sigs.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:54 AM

Dave Bing is in the hall of fame, Maurice Lucas and Campy Russell were all star NBA players Terry Furlow was no slouch and Howe Long still is coaching in the NBA I think. I thought maybe there sigs would be desirable,at least to the Pa. locals. I'm just looking for a market. Since I hav'nt seen anything like it anywhere it has proven to be more difficult than I originally anticipated.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:54 AM

755 posts, read 2,333,098 times
You might also be able to browse around this site Trading Card Central - the resource for sports and non-sports trading card collectors | trading cards, sports cards, non-sports cards, collectibles and see if it will point you to the right direction in determining the value of what you have.

I am in the process of inventorying a whole tote full of sports trading cards and other such items...man is it a lot of work...lol...

Old 03-04-2008, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 7,149 times
Default I know him!!!

I would like to have what you are trying to sell....I worked at the camp for two summers and still keep in touch with Dave on occasion.
Did you know Terry Furlow was killed in a car accident shortly after being traded from the 76ers?

Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 AM

I did"nt know that about Terry Furlow, I was pretty young but I remember him as being a really nice guy. Thats too bad. What years were you there? maybe we've met.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 6,828 times
All-Pro Basketball Camp in Pocono Pines, Pa. It was run by Howie Landa and Dave Bing. Howie did the girls and Dave did the boys. The work together. I worked there summer of '79 & '80. A few of us just met up with Howie in Pa. We want to have a reunion in Vegas, Howie lives out ther now. Looking for former campers and counselors.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:58 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,780,009 times
You mean this guy: Dave Bing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ?

Old 09-26-2009, 10:46 PM

4 posts, read 12,640 times
Yes, I havebeen to that camp myself. I live not to far from where the camp was at. I how ever lost my book that was signed by Sam Bowie that wnet to camp there. I am intertested in abtaining another book just to have. How much do you want for the book?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania