Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2017, 09:53 PM

3 posts, read 16,543 times

Advertisements

Thinking about buying a home in saw creek estates. I have read few posts about it being rough . Can someone, anyone she'd some light, I am indian from the Caribbean and I have two small kids and I'd like to know how saw creek is geared towards families. We are not party people, we are more into activities for the kids. What type of racial mix is in saw creek? ??? We saw a few homes and love them, I just want to make sure we are making the right move. Please let me know. We want to put down roots and be active members of the community. We are from queens ny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 03:08 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,983,546 times
Are you planning to live in the Poconos and work in NYC? If so, my advice is....DON'T!

I lived in Saw Creek about 15 years ago, left it about 12 or so years ago and would never consider moving back there or anywhere else in the Poconos. Admittedly, it may have changed a lot since then, but the commute will still be a nightmare.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:08 AM

No, I will not be commuting. Interested in how safe is area.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:38 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,983,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrysingh View Post
No, I will not be commuting. Interested in how safe is area.
When I lived there I did not feel it was unsafe, but there were a lot of what I'd call quality of life issues.

But, to be fair, I'd have to defer to people whose experience is more recent than mine, as I said it may have changed since I left.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:35 PM

Sure, I would like to hear about experiences good and bad.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:05 PM

104 posts, read 189,858 times
"Rough" is a relative term. The people who would describe Bushkill as "rough" are stuck in their vision of what the Poconos was 50 years ago. If you're from Queens, this will feel very tranquil and safe unless your immediate neighbors are problematic. I also think you would appreciate the diversity in this area and would be very welcomed here.

That said...check out the Glen at Tamiment, too--my understanding is that it's quieter there than at Saw Creek, probably because it's a smaller community.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 19,103 times
The board and Management at Sawcreek is out of control right now. They care more about the rental homes than the actual home owners. The way the board and Management see it, these short term rental homes will make them money by taking another home off the dead roll. These investors are cheap and buy these homes with black mold and all, very cheaply, then rent them out before getting them cleaned up. We now have party homes, blasting music, yelling, screaming all hours of the night, they make fires and then leave them unattended. Yes Sawcreek is now a nightmare. If you complain about something, the board and management will call you a malcontent, you have to see Saw Creek as status Quo or you are done. Also beware of the Trolls they send out to search Social media to combat the truths. As the rentals become more and more important to our board and Management, the more party and drug homes you will find. As of right now, do NOT buy in Sawcreek, it's a horrible place to live and I have been here for only 9 years. I wish I could move.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:44 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,314,110 times
Default Beware of the Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyskullz View Post
...Also beware of the Trolls they send out to search Social media to combat the truths... .
That post would be laughable if not for its malice.

"Beware of the Trolls..." Peculiar advice from someone with a grandiose total of five posts in the City-Data Forum — all made on the same day about the same topic with the same vitriol.

Yes, beware of the trolls.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:14 PM

6 posts, read 19,103 times
Default Rrrrruuuunnnnnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrysingh View Post
Thinking about buying a home in saw creek estates. I have read few posts about it being rough . Can someone, anyone she'd some light, I am indian from the Caribbean and I have two small kids and I'd like to know how saw creek is geared towards families. We are not party people, we are more into activities for the kids. What type of racial mix is in saw creek? ??? We saw a few homes and love them, I just want to make sure we are making the right move. Please let me know. We want to put down roots and be active members of the community. We are from queens ny.

Saw Creek is a horrible place to live right now. A lot of crime and a board and management couldn't careless. If you want to know more, look at this page on facebook, TakeBackSawCcreek or look at their web page TakeBackSawCreek.org You can learn more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania