Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 09:01 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If you exclude WB low crime is one of the positives for this area. The national murder rate is around 5, Luzerne county excluding WB might be 1 or 2, WB bounces around but might be 10 to 15(high of about 35 in 2013), Philly is something like 30.... Detroit might be 45.
I guess it's all how you perceive it. I've never been a victim there. I've never had a problem in Philly, either. When you go to a ball game, a restaurant, a festival, probably nothing's going to happen. My mother used to get freaked out walking across Main Street to Hottle's. The block wasn't well lit. There were lights, but it wasn't very bright. There was never a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 09:14 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
Just another over-sheltered Snowflake at the end of his rope, but this one went ballistic; the question is "How many more like him are out there, and what are the responsible majority to do about them?" I don't see how we can avoid an intensification of the problem as the economy continues to degenerate into a post-industrial mush.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:40 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Not a snowflake, but someone who was seriously disturbed. There's little or no help for this. A certain % of society is going to be bat ***** crazy, and no one is doing anything about it. They were around when I was a kid, but there were fewer of them. Family members used to confine them to the house when they could. You don't remember that? My mother used to tell me everything.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:52 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
The role of the sex and gender issue is the elephant in the room.

Those of us who came of age in small towns, and perhaps no more than ten to fifteen years ago, knew that every community had a number of sexual "spare parts" (no disrespect intended) but they lived quietly, and often found a way to fit in, and gain a measure of silent respect.

This might even still be true for a substantial portion of the not-completely-straight population, but the expansion of the "qu33r nation" (choice of term theirs), fueled and encouraged by the peddlers of fantasy in the mass media. has heightened our tensions to the point where many mature persons attracted to their own sex want nothing to do with LGBT militancy.

I have no idea hoe to "set and enforce standards", but clearly, we cannot expand and indulge unrealistic expectations ad infinitum, especially if the dreamers end up feeding at the public trough sad living to an increasingly "ripe" old age.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-12-2017 at 11:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania