Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:32 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,863 times

Advertisements

Those questions get asked, but true, definitve answers are not given. The best politicians can take the toughest questions and turn them on their side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 06:42 PM

996 posts, read 3,279,220 times
Many of the candidates, when asked a question, just keep repeating the same sentences we've heard over and over and then completely start talking about something else or some unrelated accomplishment. It annoys me when the person can't even give an honest answer.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:06 PM

223 posts, read 496,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Many of the candidates, when asked a question, just keep repeating the same sentences we've heard over and over and then completely start talking about something else or some unrelated accomplishment. It annoys me when the person can't even give an honest answer.
It is amazing how she can answer a question you asked and tell you an answer that has nothing to do with the question you asked, but she makes you think it did. Do you think that she will have male pages if she wins??

Old 03-12-2008, 05:34 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleoresin View Post
Can ANYBODY please tell me what she has done for New York State since she was elected senator??????????????????????
I can.....nothing, nothing at all.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:07 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleoresin View Post
Can ANYBODY please tell me what she has done for New York State since she was elected senator??????????????????????
She voted for the Iraq war!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:51 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
As did most Senators...do we all forget the President stating "...we know they (the Iraqi's) have weapons of massdestruction "...! All politicans try to shift answers to questions that THEY are most comfortable giving. Rhetoric is so common a person must study voting history and prior actions by a candidate.

I can not off the top of my head give answers to What has she Done for NY! BUTI do know quite a few indivduals that her office went to bat for and got decisions overturned or final decisions that were not made for YEARS prior to her office getting invloved.

I will bow out of the debate now...I just really wanted to know about the venue for the event? My parents said never discuss your politics or religion and you will be fine...
chow for now!

Old 03-12-2008, 01:58 PM

223 posts, read 496,505 times
Quote:
More nearly double that if you count all the innocents killed in NY and throughout the world in just minutes. . . . Admittedly, under the previous Clinton admin they were usually just innocent civilians not capable of fighting back.

Thats why we need to keep our guns, we'll be fighting them here if Oblama or Hellori Dillari Dock gets in, then you'll really need health care.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:18 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
As did most Senators... . . My parents said never discuss your politics or religion and you will be fine...
chow for now!
True but. . . . almost half of the democratic senators did not vote for the war (21 of them) and well over half the democratic congressmen did not vote for the authorization of force. The political winds of the time where for force authorization; most americans were concerned that Iraq had kicked out all inspectors and wanted action taken. Now things are reversed. Hillary manages to demonstrate an utter waffling on the issue; no leadership, just following public opinion.

But considering the waffle, one has got to give her points for good old Clinton chutzpah; boasting that she should be the one answering the 3 am call. . . As Obama replied, anyone can pick up the phone. . . . it's the answer that's important.

Your parents are right but that advice was before these forums where everything can be said and nothing is personal or important

Old 03-13-2008, 12:27 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
That's right. Now she makes it seem like she was never for it. What a phony.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Quote:
True but. . . . almost half of the democratic senators did not vote for the war (21 of them) and well over half the democratic congressmen did not vote for the authorization of force. The political winds of the time where for force authorization; most americans were concerned that Iraq had kicked out all inspectors and wanted action taken. Now things are reversed. Hillary manages to demonstrate an utter waffling on the issue; no leadership, just following public opinion.

But considering the waffle, one has got to give her points for good old Clinton chutzpah; boasting that she should be the one answering the 3 am call. . . As Obama replied, anyone can pick up the phone. . . . it's the answer that's important.

Your parents are right but that advice was before these forums where everything can be said and nothing is personal or important
Touche! and very true....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania