Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 08:23 AM

34 posts, read 76,374 times

Advertisements

Has anyone recently had a home built in the Lake Wallenpaupack area? I have been researching some of the home builders online, and wanted to try and get in touch with someone who recently worked with one of them. We are considering both a custom modular home, or building from scratch. Google searches can only take my research so far, as the builders websites are very limited and since Im not in the immediate area it makes it that much more difficult. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 09:01 AM

35 posts, read 56,810 times
I used A&B homes in Honesdale a few years ago. Real nice people, easy to work with and they did a great job. I also talked with David Dulay Homes at the same time before settling on A&B. Dulay is more upscale and of course, more expensive. Both deal with modular homes.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluy View Post
I used A&B homes in Honesdale a few years ago. Real nice people, easy to work with and they did a great job. I also talked with David Dulay Homes at the same time before settling on A&B. Dulay is more upscale and of course, more expensive. Both deal with modular homes.
Di you do a custom home with A&B or use an existing model? They are one of the builders familiar with WLE on Wallenpaupack and were one of the recommendations I received. How long ago did you build?

Old 07-07-2017, 04:09 PM

We built in the summer of 2014 and went with a custom plan. All of the floor plans can be customized and you can either purchase turnkey (with well, septic, driveway, foundation, etc.), just have them set the house on your foundation or any combination thereof. A&B caters to the entry to mid-level buyer whereas when we spoke to David Dulay, he was only interested in building a high-end monstrosity. We also checked out Montage Homes in Moosic and they were probably geared toward mid-level to high-end. A&B was the only builder we visited who didn't try to talk us into something more expensive that we didn't want or need. Hopefully that gives you a little better idea of where to start looking depending upon your style and budget.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluy View Post
We built in the summer of 2014 and went with a custom plan. All of the floor plans can be customized and you can either purchase turnkey (with well, septic, driveway, foundation, etc.), just have them set the house on your foundation or any combination thereof. A&B caters to the entry to mid-level buyer whereas when we spoke to David Dulay, he was only interested in building a high-end monstrosity. We also checked out Montage Homes in Moosic and they were probably geared toward mid-level to high-end. A&B was the only builder we visited who didn't try to talk us into something more expensive that we didn't want or need. Hopefully that gives you a little better idea of where to start looking depending upon your style and budget.
Thank you very much for your posts. We already went through the grueling process of a construction loan once, so i wont mind doing it again. Im glad to hear you can fully customize for a reasonable price.

Are you in an HOA? how hard was it for the builder to conform to the regulations and rules if so?

Old 07-13-2017, 02:48 PM

CRRFERN21, Our place isn't located in an HOA so I can't help you there. However, I do imagine all of the local builders have dealt with HOA's at one time or another so they should be use to that kind of thing.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:20 PM

76 posts, read 230,615 times
Homestead Design & Build built our house about 5 years ago. They also built houses for two of our friends in the Lake Wallenpaupack area. Homestead is family owned and operated and they do magnificent work. Highly recommended!

Old 08-05-2017, 07:53 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
Try:

Home - Pocono Builders Association - Builders in the Poconos - Contractors - Electricians - Construction - Plumbers

speak with my friend Janet Campis....she's the executive director....maybe she can point you in the right direction.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: