Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 10:35 PM

147 posts, read 162,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Welcome to the Poconos, Brooklyn Turk!

Yes, that 'downtown area' be right here:
Route 80 exit 307, turn right onto Broad Street (a/k/a PA-191), a couple blocks to Main Street.
Bada-bing bada-boom and you're here!

After parking, walk along Main Street heading west. (That's opposite the morning sun.) As you walk, you'll encounter Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts but to really experience Pennsylvania's finest, grab coffee and breakfast to go at Wawa. Turn around and stop at the visitor's center at Main and 10th.

Shop your heart out at many of the retailers in downtown Stroudsburg. And PLEASE spend a lot of money! Seriously, the economy here relies on your tourism dollars.
Main street is way smaller than I expected it to be lol.. it felt like it was about 8-9 blocks or so give or take but it was a great time I can't lie. Def. plan on heading back there in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoscape View Post
You can definitely walk around Stroudsburg just remember that it is really small town. Since you are from Brooklyn here are some "hipsterish" places in Stroudsburg:
Rowan Asher Winery (RAW WINERY)
https://www.therenegadewinery.com/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/banters-hard-cider-stroudsburg
Cafe Duet
Check those places out, you'll have fun!
Yea we went with the expectations of it being a small town but we were open minded about it and had a great time. And we're not hipsters from Brooklyn.. born and raised from Brooklyn so no hipster in us lol.

Overall.. my friends and I had a blast there compared to how much it felt like people were knocking it who lived there and who we spoke to. So many friendly people. Literally anywhere we were people were open to striking up conversations and talking for as long as we held them up for.

It was weird because we'd just ask random folks about what there was to do around there and they all would ask where we were from and once we said Brooklyn and etc.. they would just put the town/city down so quickly saying it sucks and there's nothing to do compared to NYC meanwhile we were having a great time.

The only issue I had was pretty much the bouncers at the bars.. it was weird because they seemed a bit stuck up and obnoxious especially compared to everyone else. Like we were out there just trying to find things out on the spot and even the police were open to pointing us in the right directions to places.

We messed up a bit because we headed out to the bars really late.. around like 12:30(not used to the whole closing down at 2 stuff) so we didn't really get to enjoy the night too much but it was a legit great time.

We're already planning on heading back up there in a few weeks now that we have a better feeling for what's where and etc... but the people out there should be way more enthusiastic about the town.. some really nice people out there with a lot of really nice things to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 12:29 AM

232 posts, read 278,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynTurk View Post
Main street is way smaller than I expected it to be lol.. it felt like it was about 8-9 blocks or so give or take but it was a great time I can't lie. Def. plan on heading back there in a few weeks.

Yea we went with the expectations of it being a small town but we were open minded about it and had a great time. And we're not hipsters from Brooklyn.. born and raised from Brooklyn so no hipster in us lol.

Overall.. my friends and I had a blast there compared to how much it felt like people were knocking it who lived there and who we spoke to. So many friendly people. Literally anywhere we were people were open to striking up conversations and talking for as long as we held them up for.

It was weird because we'd just ask random folks about what there was to do around there and they all would ask where we were from and once we said Brooklyn and etc.. they would just put the town/city down so quickly saying it sucks and there's nothing to do compared to NYC meanwhile we were having a great time.

The only issue I had was pretty much the bouncers at the bars.. it was weird because they seemed a bit stuck up and obnoxious especially compared to everyone else. Like we were out there just trying to find things out on the spot and even the police were open to pointing us in the right directions to places.

We messed up a bit because we headed out to the bars really late.. around like 12:30(not used to the whole closing down at 2 stuff) so we didn't really get to enjoy the night too much but it was a legit great time.

We're already planning on heading back up there in a few weeks now that we have a better feeling for what's where and etc... but the people out there should be way more enthusiastic about the town.. some really nice people out there with a lot of really nice things to do.
glad you had good time visit in burg but when you live here everything get old very quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania