Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:06 AM

26 posts, read 44,100 times

Advertisements

Manufacturing at a Low Cost compared to Northern Jersey? What area in America doesn't have lower manufacturing costs than Jersey! Companies have left there in Droves the last 5-10 years.
This is the worst article I ever read. Anyone with an MBA would laugh at this. Trust me there is other states on the Marcelus shale that have cheaper labor costs and Corporate Taxation!
I do not see Toyota or BMW building plants in Pennsylvania. Why the labor costs and taxes would be too high. But less than Jersey! Duh! Basic Economics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 10:49 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1981 View Post
Manufacturing at a Low Cost compared to Northern Jersey? What area in America doesn't have lower manufacturing costs than Jersey! Companies have left there in Droves the last 5-10 years.
This is the worst article I ever read. Anyone with an MBA would laugh at this. Trust me there is other states on the Marcelus shale that have cheaper labor costs and Corporate Taxation!
I do not see Toyota or BMW building plants in Pennsylvania. Why the labor costs and taxes would be too high. But less than Jersey! Duh! Basic Economics!
Basic economics are why does Monroe County, PA have one of the longest commutes in the whole Nation? Our residents are traveling ever day to NJ and NYC because of the wages. They would stay put if they could make the same money here. I cannot talk about taxes; but I do know that our different government agencies will work with new business. Heck; we gave $9 million to one company, in my County, that went out and hired 81 illegal immigrants!

Old 07-18-2017, 11:14 AM

342 posts, read 318,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1981 View Post

Besides PA, the only other Marcellus states are New York, Ohio and West Virginia. NEPA is competitive to these states. NEPA's advantage is closeness to New York City, Philly, etc. (Places in New York are also close too, but New York is not fracking natural gas).

Car manufacturers will not build in any state that is pro-union. They want to keep wages as low as possible, although with the future of robotics, labor will be a lower % of total costs, and the union vs. non-union won't be as big of a concern.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:36 AM

342 posts, read 318,581 times
A coffee manufacturing is moving its headquarters and manufacturing operations from Newark, NJ to an unused plant in Dunmore, PA.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/governor...awanna-county/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania