Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:03 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Actually the tax office solicitor found it and I believe that he is a former employee of the I.R.S..

CHS89 I got a call on this yesterday afternoon but waited to put it up because you always say that I don't have any back up so I had to wait till it hit the media.
Out of curiosity, why were you called? What qualifications do you have that would cause the solicitor who discovered this to say "Damnit, Jane. Get Hubbard on the phone, NOW!!" Don't say "taxpayer" because I pay taxes here too, and my cell was oddly quiet yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 09:04 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Another example of cronyism and unethical goings on here in the Electric City. Wow, 12 million found just like that!!! A treasure hunt!!!
And I'm sure we taxpayers will not see a tax cut from this discovery. The politicians will find a way to line each other's pockets some more.

Doherty will probably have a statue of himself put in Nay Aug or something like that.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:08 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
And I'm sure we taxpayers will not see a tax cut from this discovery. The politicians will find a way to line each other's pockets some more.

Doherty will probably have a statue of himself put in Nay Aug or something like that.
We will not see anything from this, you're right about that. Or maybe the King will put a golden throne in his office.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:18 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
Out of curiosity, why were you called? What qualifications do you have that would cause the solicitor who discovered this to say "Damnit, Jane. Get Hubbard on the phone, NOW!!" Don't say "taxpayer" because I pay taxes here too, and my cell was oddly quiet yesterday.
I never said that I recieved a call from anyone of authority. I never even implied it. I don't know the solicitor at all and I never said he called me either. I said that I got a call, period.

Quote:
CHS89 I got a call on this yesterday afternoon but waited to put it up because you always say that I don't have any back up so I had to wait till it hit the media.
Explain to me where I said that the solicitor called me?

This is Scranton and word travels fast. If someone that you knew was involved in this don't you think that you might have got a call about it?

You really need to stop trying so hard to read into everything I say and get back to grazing.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,624,189 times
And to think, If McDowell wasnt challenged as to his right to hold the County Controllers job, he would have been auditing himself.......Possibly why the big push by many of the politicians for Kenny in the election????

This is too big for anyone tied in locally to investigate...I hope State or Federal scrutiny on this..

Also an observation, I believe that Phillips pushed for the current tax offices soliciter to get the post of tax collector, but Doherty had to have his patronage pick, thus we have a figurehead as tax collector when the truely qualified pick is her underling.......PRICELESS....... ANOTHER DAY IN THE LIFE IN SCRANTON PA.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:26 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,139 times
You're absolutely right. You never said specifically that you were called by anyone in authority. So basically, you were called about a rumor, by someone NOT in a position of any authority, and you took it as absolute fact, even before you had anything with which to back it up?

Yeah, I'll go back to grazing. Pass the hay.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:39 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
You're absolutely right. You never said specifically that you were called by anyone in authority. So basically, you were called about a rumor, by someone NOT in a position of any authority, and you took it as absolute fact, even before you had anything with which to back it up?

Yeah, I'll go back to grazing. Pass the hay.
I TOOK IT AS FACT?
WHEN DID I SAY THAT I TOOK IT AS FACT??????? DID I POST IT YESTERDAY?

HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW WHO CALLED ME?
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAID?

Its not my fault you went to Central, maybe if you went to Prep you would know a few more people downtown.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:45 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
Real men don't send their sons to Prep...

Old 03-14-2008, 09:51 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,684 times
I have an honest question so dont read into it. How many people working in the city are totally against the current Admin due to lack of preferential treatment. I completly understand that some people get specil treatment and hook ups and some do not. do you think the people who are not getting the special treatment would completly change their song and dance if they were, to recive special treatment?

Any thoughts, and be honest!

Old 03-14-2008, 09:59 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,243 times
This thread is starting to heat up. I like it!!!! Please, don't close it, let it run it's course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania