Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:44 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,952,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
It seems that someone misplaced 12 million dollars in the single tax office and it also sounds like there could be more.

Hmmmmmmm we are distressed, we are broke and the unions are financially draining the city, we need to raise taxes.

I'm pretty sure that I heard all those comments in the last 3 years, which is as long as the 12 million as been sitting in some account.

My pride has been restored!
This made me roll off my chair and have a belly laugh. I can not believe a distressed city/county didn't know it had 12 mil laying around. Our finaces are tight and I know if I misplaced 20 bucks~ LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 04:36 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
I wonder if he's "Johnny in SouthSide" that used to post regularly on Talkback 16 Online before it went ultra-gestapo?
I assure you, I am not.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
I assure you, I am not.
Thanks, but I was actually referring to CHS89. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:27 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,095,115 times
It appears that the FBI raided the tax office today. FBI RAID (http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=8137142 - broken link)

Old 04-08-2008, 05:53 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
And now with all that money found, seems someone is thinking of building a ATV Park.......???

Old 04-09-2008, 04:55 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,430 times
I feel like it should be public information why the FBI raided the tax office. That article says the warrant is "sealed." Whose country is it? Ours, right?

Now that they found that 12 million, by the standard Scranton math, that would equal about a 100 million dollar ATV park, right?

Old 04-09-2008, 05:55 AM

The ATV park is not going to be in Scranton. Its going to be in Dunmore and as far as I know it will be privately owned.

Summering obviously feels that we shouldn't provide a place for kids to ride in a controlled environment and that they would be safer in the woods without any supervision.

Summering kids get killed in cars everyday, does that mean we should outlaw cars or just not let anyone under 40 drive?

Old 04-09-2008, 06:07 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
The ATV park is not going to be in Scranton. Its going to be in Dunmore and as far as I know it will be privately owned.

Summering obviously feels that we shouldn't provide a place for kids to ride in a controlled environment and that they would be safer in the woods without any supervision.

Summering kids get killed in cars everyday, does that mean we should outlaw cars or just not let anyone under 40 drive?
I don't understand this statement, weluvpa.

I don't understand how you reached that conclusion with the words summering posted.

JMHO....Your posts often seem to distort the words of others in order to present your personal agenda thus losing the point of discussion. Frankly, I'd find your efforts much more worthy of interest if I saw some focus in your point.

You have compassion and altruistic goals in your fight to improve the area where you live (for yourself and others). Check some of the anger. You may be more successful. I hope you are. It appears someone needs to do some finger pointing and cleanin' up in Scranton.

Respectful best wishes.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:55 AM

Its based on the comments from the ATV thread that she migrated to this thread.

My anger or better yet my frustration comes from years of trying to get the city to do whats right in my neighborhood as well the rest of the city.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:13 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,407 times
I did read that post by summering as well. Albeit, after I made the above post to you. Perhaps you could have copied and pasted both of her comments above what you wrote. It would have made your comment more clear. At least I would have better understood your point.

I don't agree with you, but that's OK. I see ATV's as noisy, dangerous, wasteful, and, in general, a silly 'guy thing'. The odor and noise invade the privacy and peace of others. Thus, the idea of using public funds to support such a whimsy is frustrating for someone like me.

I lived less than a mile from Dover Downs for awhile. I felt it was silly to go around in a circle for hours, clog the area with more people than can be safely managed in an emergency, gross behaviors (public urination), and create what I feel is a dangerous situation for the area. I can assure you that I understand and accept that many other people disagree with me.

All that aside, frustration or anger, when those in charge are listening to a crusader, it is imperative to remain calm. Never let them see emotion. Passion....yeah. Calm passion is OK. Otherwise, the listener will focus on the presenter's persona rather than the point of the presentation.

Again, JMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania