Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 05:28 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

I'm not surprised she was in fact an angel, I can't tell you how much I miss her one of a kind beautiful inside and out. And lots of fun to be with. She taught me a lot. Do you want to know how I met her? I started staying at their establishment in Point Pleasant and we instantly became friends after talking a bit. She and I both loved prime rib and sometimes when I go down to the shore she make you peel them shrimp and prime rib we had lots of fun together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 05:32 PM

I'm not surprised she was in fact an angel, I can't tell you how much I miss her one of a kind beautiful inside and out. And lots of fun to be with. She taught me a lot. Do you want to know how I met her? I started staying at their establishment in Point Pleasant and we instantly became friends after talking a bit. She and I both loved prime rib and sometimes when I go down to the shore she make you peel them shrimp and prime rib we had lots of fun together.

I'm sorry I have to correct you she didn't own The Roosters Coupe they owned the house beside of it would you describe very well and the big antique barn that did Antiques and Lighting.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:56 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,448 times
If I hook up with my friends from Lambertville I can see if I can take some pics of thier wedding album and there will be pics of her, the house and maybe Yours Truly. :-)
Maybe I am mixing things up but,
The Rooster Coup WAS the name of the business in her big barn, and they did do lamp wiring and restoration...

Old 10-27-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
If I hook up with my friends from Lambertville I can see if I can take some pics of thier wedding album and there will be pics of her, the house and maybe Yours Truly. :-)
Maybe I am mixing things up but,
The Rooster Coup WAS the name of the business in her big barn, and they did do lamp wiring and restoration...
hmmmm, maybe your right? I thought they called it Lambertville antiques and lighting. They did the lighting restoration for the Black Bass Inn. ? My memory is so bad....I believe Jeff was the man's name that worked for them. Jeff's wife, sang beautifully, I never heard her, but my friend told me about her voice. She, her husband and I went to the Tinicium Park 4th of July Concert....awesome!

It was a Georgian Home, with a long screened in back porch, and I forget how many fireplaces were in the home. One in the kitchen, in the dinning room there was a sitting room with a fireplace, and one or two upstairs? I forget....at one time, years ago, the kitchen had a dirt floor. The house was actually a register haunted home I believe, but then there are many homes along there that are, at one time, it was a huge landmark for civil war soldiers.

Wasn't the Rooster's Coup the antique outdoor flea market next door? Or is that called the Golden something?

We were both wrong, when my friend owned it it was called River Road Antique and Lighting.

It was a huge red barn, lamp shades were upstairs....antiques down stairs....
Maybe before they bought it, it was called the Rooster's Coup?
I believe they only had it about 5 years?
She was short, light red short hair...

Before they bought that business, they owned a hotel right on the corner at the Manasquan called Gates Motel.
It is now called something else.

I wouldn't post her photo though, as the family has always been very privet, and so was she.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 10-27-2017 at 07:42 AM..

Old 10-27-2017, 03:39 PM

Hi, Creme..just got back from the beach..will post some pics in a few days.
Horses on the beach..:-)

Yes, I now think we are talking about two different people because the lady I know owned the Roosters Coup for quite a few years. this was circa 1984...
She was a former Nun

But, you and I, we both know, and have had the pleasure of being in that same glorious Brick Georgian Manor House on top of the hill with the big barn...:-)

When I hook up with my Lambertville friends, and copy their wedding album pics, I will PM you a picture of the woman that owned the place during that time.
Then we can compare..OK?

The flea Market next door is The Golden Nugget...
I will probably be there tomorrow after my wife finishes teaches her early morning Zumba class..
Have a lovely weekend!

Old 10-27-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Hi, Creme..just got back from the beach..will post some pics in a few days.
Horses on the beach..:-)

Yes, I now think we are talking about two different people because the lady I know owned the Roosters Coup for quite a few years. this was circa 1984...
She was a former Nun

But, you and I, we both know, and have had the pleasure of being in that same glorious Brick Georgian Manor House on top of the hill with the big barn...:-)

When I hook up with my Lambertville friends, and copy their wedding album pics, I will PM you a picture of the woman that owned the place during that time.
Then we can compare..OK?

The flea Market next door is The Golden Nugget...
I will probably be there tomorrow after my wife finishes teaches her early morning Zumba class..
Have a lovely weekend!
Yeah my friend was never a none so yeah unfortunately we are talking about two different people. I remember my friend telling me that when they went to look at the business to buy it that she was a lovely lady and very eccentric. So I think your friend owns a business first and then my friends bought the business from her and then they resold it and I don't know who has it now but it was a beautiful home.

Can't wait would love to see the photos thank you

Old 10-27-2017, 05:48 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I'd like to see the pictures. I love old buildings.

I remember when the big, old, house at the corner of South and Park was empty. My sister and a few of her friends went in there in the '60s. She didn't remember anything about the place.

How did they heat the house? Was the old coal stove still there? Was the third floor finished? Nothing. She wasn't really interested and just spent some time with kids who like to visit empty.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:41 AM

pics from yesterday's beach Sojurn...
Crowded as hell lol.
//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...ark-10-27.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...ark-10-27.html

Old 10-28-2017, 04:00 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Zero. I didn't get salt water even on my feet this year. Stuff happens.

Nice legs.

Old 10-28-2017, 04:17 PM

Thanks...I knew I could count on you for a 'Gam' comment.
I know...I am 'stem' challenged.. sigh
my cross to bear...

My Dad said 'I've seen nicer legs on a Steinway'

The ultimate 'compliment' came from my daughter...we were driving home from seeing 'Forrest Gump' and discussing the movie scene by scene..

'Ice Princess' daughter looks at me and says 'Father, the scene where Lt. Dan shows up at the funeral with his new metal legs?'

I answer; 'Yes, what about it?'

She gazes out the window and then says' 'His legs still looked better than yours.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania