Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:02 AM

62 posts, read 222,040 times

Advertisements

are we no longer allowed to think for ourselves?im in florida, HOA capital of the USA.we are relocating to the pocono area, but im shocked to see so many developments in the country.are there any rentals ouside the gates?maybe where we can ride our harley and not get the stink-eye?my husband is a hell of a contractor. he does electrical,finish carpentry..you name it. hes from california, and he already has an in with a company.which are the quaint towns where i dont have to be a gate drone again!we need a garage and a good school...are there any rentals in dingmans or milford??thanks so much for any reply...im a bit distressed lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 11:20 AM

272 posts, read 1,003,485 times
HI, I live just about 7 miles outside of Wilkes-Barre, called Forest Park,its in Bear Creek TWP, everybody mines there own business, and not many know were Forest Park is. The guy across the st has a Harley and I have two Trans Ams. The development has been there late 1940sand 50s, and has a lot of trees, and no crime, and a good charter school.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:05 PM

173 posts, read 582,830 times
There are lots of developments in the area that are NOT gated. If your looking for rentals you'll probably be confined to either a development or within a city. There aren't many rental units out in the middle of the country.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 PM

so fixing a car isnt a violation of 113.5 statute 5 in the handbook..lol....are there any vacancies? i will be opening a shop in about a year in a cool niche...once i find it that is...

Old 03-12-2008, 12:21 PM

do the developments have land?i was looking in lords valley,pen argyl...any feedback?im looking everywhaere, actually. but sre they all so strick you cant have a motorcycle etc?i guess thats why you get a garage ...

Old 03-12-2008, 01:07 PM

996 posts, read 3,280,174 times
There are homes and apartments that are for rent outside of developments. Your best bet would be to try to figure out which area you are going to settle in and look for some local newspapers online and check the ads. Also, you may be able to find something through a local realtor. I really don't know why you would have any problem with a motorcycle even if you did have to rent a place in a development. Motorcycles are very commonplace around here.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:10 AM

755 posts, read 2,334,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthistaken View Post
are we no longer allowed to think for ourselves?im in florida, HOA capital of the USA.we are relocating to the pocono area, but im shocked to see so many developments in the country.are there any rentals ouside the gates?maybe where we can ride our harley and not get the stink-eye?my husband is a hell of a contractor. he does electrical,finish carpentry..you name it. hes from california, and he already has an in with a company.which are the quaint towns where i dont have to be a gate drone again!we need a garage and a good school...are there any rentals in dingmans or milford??thanks so much for any reply...im a bit distressed lol...
You're headed in the right direction. If you want property where no one will bother you, not many gated communities, you need to look @ Shohola. It's just north of Milford and Dingman. I think there are 2 or 3 HOAs and the rest is open. Very nice an rural, quiet. Up on Route 434 the motorcycles go by all day long on th weekends up into Sullivan Cty for the ride down Route 97 by the Hawks Nest.

If you need a good realtor, let me know and I'll PM you the info. Good luck!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 05:29 PM

i just cant deal with hoa nazis. im leaving here for a better life for my son, i cant afford monmouth where my kin is based, and my hubby is from california who likes to build and rebuild cars and cycles. as long as we have a garage i guess we d be ok....we arent white trash, but we like to host parties and slot car racing and all sorts of fun. we are friendly and my hubby can fix or build anything. i told him hes gonna love it there. he hates florida. and hes worried about snow.....well.....i guess he should be. where is less snow and does it flood along the river/ihave friends in dingmans....

Old 03-14-2008, 06:36 AM

996 posts, read 3,280,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthistaken View Post
i just cant deal with hoa nazis. im leaving here for a better life for my son, i cant afford monmouth where my kin is based, and my hubby is from california who likes to build and rebuild cars and cycles. as long as we have a garage i guess we d be ok....we arent white trash, but we like to host parties and slot car racing and all sorts of fun. we are friendly and my hubby can fix or build anything. i told him hes gonna love it there. he hates florida. and hes worried about snow.....well.....i guess he should be. where is less snow and does it flood along the river/ihave friends in dingmans....
I do understand your feeling regarding developments and HOA's. We also have kids, and ATV's, and like to have room to roam and make a bit of noise if we so choose, which is why we also would never choose to live in a congested area. We are in the Newfoundland/Greentown area, and you would probably fit in fine around here. I'm not sure whether you are set on the Milford area, but you might want to check some of the surrounding areas also.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:20 PM

no, not set on milford,just trying to stay closer to friends and fam.is it snowier on the east slope west slope or valley?how do i personal message?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania