Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 04:00 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times

Advertisements

well,i'm here--missing fla----learning to do clark's summit's endless steep hills-----am looking for a rental with NO HOLES OR BROKEN WINDOWS----am having no luck so far-----any ideas---hear the livable properties are all word of mouth------will consider any areas NOT on the side of a ravine or cliff(have discovered i have a fear of heights(and poorly kept properties)

realtors have asked me why i returned--i now have NO SANE ANSWER!

NEED SOME IDEAS AND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 11:57 AM

HELLO--ANYONE OUT THERE????

Old 03-30-2008, 12:03 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,275,124 times
Default need more info.

I don't know much about Clarks Summit so I can't be of much help there. We need more details... Does it have to be Clarks Summit? What price range are you looking at? ect. NEPA is a vast region with tens of thousands of properties. Maybe a newer housing development would be worth looking into?

Old 03-31-2008, 04:37 PM

i am considering any town-----just want a 2 bedroom that's clean and in good repair in a safe neighborhood(not one accesible by ski lift or mountain goat only--lol)
am trying realtors--but so far all their interest is in selling you their listings---ALL SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED---

thanks for the response

Old 04-03-2008, 09:35 AM

62 posts, read 221,983 times
hey returningtopa, where in florida ?im in florida too and moving up there next month. i too dont want a dingy,dirty rental.we are not nuts for returning, we are nuts for not returning sooner.maybe we can share some info. im exploring homes in saw creek. ive been investigating for quite sometime, and alot of the rentals ive pulled off craigslist look clean. i also looke at coldwell banker philiss rubin, she seems to have alot of listings....rentals that is.its really difficult to do this long distance.i have only visited poconos on several occasions, and i was scared when i cam e across your post.i dont want to go through that again....what im gathering is to stay away from clarks summit.it sounds ccccooooooolld!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:57 AM

2 posts, read 4,031 times
I've found that looking in the local newspapers is always the best place to start

Old 04-04-2008, 06:39 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
well,i'm here--missing fla----learning to do clark's summit's endless steep hills-----am looking for a rental with NO HOLES OR BROKEN WINDOWS----am having no luck so far-----any ideas---hear the livable properties are all word of mouth------will consider any areas NOT on the side of a ravine or cliff(have discovered i have a fear of heights(and poorly kept properties)

realtors have asked me why i returned--i now have NO SANE ANSWER!

NEED SOME IDEAS AND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
why don't you try the classified section on the city data forum. It is at the bottom of the page.Clarks summit is a great area,but not many rentals around
alot of times the rentals are in the times tribune.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:48 PM

Thanks for responding. I have been looking in all the papers (I'm not picky at this point, don't care which town/county In which I live. 70% of the properties have major damage (holes in wall, broken windows, etc) 10% are in a dangerous neighborhood. I keep hearing that "move in ready" in the neighborhoods that keep up their property are all word of mouth....... so i am still searching.. getting desperate at this point!!!!! Thanks for the info about city data classifieds... will try them next

to the person from Florida, I came from Sarasota, FL. before you leave better take some pictures of the sun, as you rarely see it here!!!! Also be sure that you take lots of warm socks, umbrellas, and galoshes. Be sure you get used to car horns beeping..... it is as common as sneezing here. Make sure your skin is tough and you don't mind curious glares, lots of personal questions from various realtors and landlords (such as why do two people want three bedrooms, or why do two people need so much space). Last but certainly not least. expect things to be so much different that you hardly recognize the place, if you have lived here before. I wish you luck in your return here as you will need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania