Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:34 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,113,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
I hope all goes well for you! I am not sure about the June 21st thing. I know that I will be at Tunkhannock Founder's Day on the 21st! Anybody going to that?

The New Age Examiner - TBPA targets T-town's past (http://www.newage-examiner.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19742700&BRD=2310&PAG=461&dept_id= 480505&rfi=6 - broken link)

Old 06-04-2008, 12:18 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Yeah. There really wasn't too much discussion. 'Course, you can have too much discussion and never get anything off the ground. There's no way to accommodate every individual.

I'm the one who came of with the June 21st date to try to get the ball rollin'.

I suggest a small group of us who are really interested get together and make the plans. Then whomever is able and wants to attend is welcome.

It's kinda difficult to do it here on an open forum unless one person takes charge and organizes it. I just don't know enough about the geographic area to make decisions on my own.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my summer calendar is really full at this point. I know I now have a house full of company coming that June 21sth weekend.

Anyone interested in forming a small, quick meet 'committee' to make some plans? We could probably do it on line as well...in DMs or the new friends system.
I would be glad to help, DM me --- I suggested Pembrook Grove near
Keystone College. And, I could get it catered with just Hamburg, Hotdogs
and a few salads, real cheap !!!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:32 AM

182 posts, read 450,751 times
Sounds great, I am very excited. Feeling a little nervous that we might be coming to PA afterall. I have to tell you I am going to miss Georgia too. Georgia, Georgia that sweet sound'n Georgia on my mind . Well cross your fingers I get my new roof soon too here in GA because of Mr. Tornado. I am hoping to get the go ahead sign and come up this weekend!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Georgia, Mt. Cobb is an absolutely wonderful area. I'm in the Mt. Cobb/Hamlin area on a weekly basis to visit my better half, and I absolutely love the drive between Scranton and Hamlin Corners. In the Mt. Cobb area you'll find Ritter's Cider Mill, The Shake Place, Butler's Furniture, and a few other points of interest. Nearer to Hamlin, which is just a few miles east of Mt. Cobb, you'll find Shaffer's Do-It-Best Hardware Store, Weis Market, Mr. Z's Supermarket, Kundla's Barbecue (awesome!), several banks, gas stations, a KFC, Taco Bell, McDonald's, and a few other conveniences. Just a few miles north of Hamlin in Lake Ariel you'll find Kay's Restaurant, which my partner and I have grown to love. I have a soft spot in my heart for that place because earlier this year when our waitress, whom I also believe was the owner, asked us if we had left room for dessert, I replied "Actually we were saving room to buy two of those frosted cookies we saw when we came in." Unbelievably when we went to pay our bill up front she gave us each a cookie for free! I NEVER get anything for free, and this woman's simple act of kindness that may have cost her just $1 turned me into a loyal patron. Say what you will about rural areas, but Wayne County's residents truly are second to none!

Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,033 times
From what I understand,a smaller get together is going to take place.
I will be posting a poll and more Info ...so stay tuned....

Old 06-06-2008, 01:55 PM

937 posts, read 2,889,074 times
Smile I think a smaller one is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
From what I understand,a smaller get together is going to take place.
I will be posting a poll and more Info ...so stay tuned....

I had wanted to meet a few people a while back. I feel that it is easier to get to know each other that way. Hopefully, we can have this!

Old 06-06-2008, 01:56 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,033 times
I posted a sticky thread with a poll on top...

Old 06-06-2008, 04:27 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
I had wanted to meet a few people a while back. I feel that it is easier to get to know each other that way. Hopefully, we can have this!
I'd really like to meet you and John. Apparently I've already met EnyaGirl and JLStorm without even realizing it, rockky, weluvpa, NYRangers2008, and ScrantonVideoProduction, but I'd love to meet more!

Old 06-07-2008, 01:35 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I'd really like to meet you and John. Apparently I've already met EnyaGirl and JLStorm without even realizing it, rockky, weluvpa, NYRangers2008, and ScrantonVideoProduction, but I'd love to meet more!
LOL I'm really sorry we didn't get a chance to talk to you, Paul, but I did see your name tag and knew right away that it was you!! If we weren't having company over and didn't have that whole customer service situation we were dealing with, we would have stopped and said hello. But you will prob. be seeing me soon, because Lowes made the right decision after I spoke to the manager and pointed out that we're new homeowners prepared to spend thousands in the coming years , so we will still shop there after all. And I DID get my ceiling fans finally!!

Old 06-07-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
LOL I'm really sorry we didn't get a chance to talk to you, Paul, but I did see your name tag and knew right away that it was you!! If we weren't having company over and didn't have that whole customer service situation we were dealing with, we would have stopped and said hello. But you will prob. be seeing me soon, because Lowes made the right decision after I spoke to the manager and pointed out that we're new homeowners prepared to spend thousands in the coming years , so we will still shop there after all. And I DID get my ceiling fans finally!!
Well, I'm ecstatic to hear that Lowe's finally came to their senses and rectified the situation that you were embroiled in. I think it all comes down to certain managers. Some (the more thoughtful ones) give more leeway to the "long-term" in that they know spending a few dollars now to build up customer loyalty can pay back dividends later with repeat business whereas others are tightwads who won't budge a nickel to reap a quarter, if you catch my drift. We draw a lot of our business from the Back Mountain area, so it would make sense that management should strive to further foster that clientele, as it is rapidly growing; the newcomers will consult the long-time residents for the inside scoop on where to shop, and it would be nice to have Lowe's edging out Home Depot in that regard.

I'm usually very, very busy in my position and wouldn't have a ton of free time available to chat, but I'd love to at least shake you and your husband's hands sometime, introduce myself, etc. for a few minutes. Just today I felt like pulling my hair out because I was juggling one customer on the phone with another on hold along with three customers IN the store vying for my attention all at the same time---apparently folks in the Kingston/Dallas area like to wait until the last possible minute to buy air conditioners and then throw a fit when they sell out. I generally like the Edwardsville store better than the Wilkes-Barre Township store because it does tend to be less busy and better organized, but today was most certainly an exception. Needless to say as soon as my mom finishes up her exercises I'm stripping off my sweat-soaked clothing and hopping right into the pool!

Old 06-07-2008, 03:01 PM

P.S. I sold Sherman Burdette from WNEP an air conditioner today! I wanted to ask him "Does It Really Work?" but he didn't appear to be in a good mood and I didn't want to push my luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania