Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 02:53 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,882,502 times

Advertisements

I'm on record here as also having never been a fan of the HOA communities. Yes, they do give you a built in source for upkeep of the community and a small if not farcical sense of security. They in my opinion though have always costed more than they benefit you get and one of the biggest bad things about them is an apparent lack of ownership. Sure you own the property but you must abide by the rules set forth in community and you need permission to add on or paint or do other structural changes. It's like renting even though you own the property and when you want guests you have to tell the gate and they have to sign in and you have no privacy. I think it's better to have a nice single home in the woods yet close to a town where you can get the things you need but still have a private space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 04:01 PM

32,805 posts, read 36,064,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duggiefresh11 View Post
If you read the article it has a lot to do with the head security officer getting in an accident off duty involving alcohol then being fired...Some people wanted him fired some didn't. Then there was a disagreement and a bunch of board crap.

Nothing like that will discourage me from buying in a community because that has 0 effect on the actual life of residents. The more important things are fees, services, effectiveness of security and so on...

Anyone have a straight forward serious answer? So much nonsense on the web right now about this area its hard to know what is REALLY going on...
Straightforward answers:

I have no idea how much the monthly HOA fee at The Glen at Tamiment is. Why don't you ask them?

I have no idea how much the school taxes are. Contact the local school district and/or local government.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:03 PM

1,929 posts, read 3,121,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
I think it's better to have a nice single home in the woods yet close to a town where you can get the things you need but still have a private space.
EXACTLY!! And that's just what I have!! A ranch on 1/2 acre corner lot in the woods but yet 4 miles from all shopping in Brodheadsville!!

Old 02-26-2019, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,002 times
What happened to the resort? The new owner knocked it down and was suppose to build a new one. I use to love going there for a mini vacation. The lake is beautiful.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:06 AM

3,754 posts, read 2,245,734 times
This thread is months old but I am going to add my 2 cents. I live in the Glen and I'll tell you it isn't worth it. Corrupt board members that don't really care about the community. All they care about is collecting fees and fines to line their pockets. Heck, the property manager and her assistant don't even live here. They let criminals and cronies do whatever they want. Law abiding residents that complain. Good luck being heard. I am staying here for personal reasons. However, I would try other alternatives outside any community for a home. The resort has been dead for a while. I have heard many pipe dreams for that property that I don't forsee coming to fruition.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 874 times
The place is a dump has been since the resort was bulldozed. Corrupted board and STAFF. Keep in mind they profit from opression of homeowners. It has been a **** show since day one. Stay away

Old 06-12-2019, 10:05 AM

The funny thing about the bozos, er, I mean board, is that they get their kicks off of residents selling their homes. The transfer fees the board garnishes from that makes them do a war dance. It is something to behold. I could go on....

Old 01-09-2021, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 589 times
I currently live in The Glen and have for the past 6 years. I have witnessed three different transitions in management and they still can't get it right. Corruption at it's finest. Security is a joke. Mine own children have been harassed by security and board members. Many of the board members are either affiliated, involved, or them themselves tied to corruption in the policing sectors as well. Homes have been broken into and one family was even involved in an armed robbery, not to mention the criminal involvement. Fees are roughly $1,500 per year and fines vary for the most outrageous petty things. I personally wanted to stay because my children are attached but at this point, the first house I find to my liking will be our immediate departure. As far as the resort it's shut down and completely abandoned. Apparently nobody wants to pay the asking price or taxes owed. Now you all know the TRUTH. -Glen Resident

Old 01-12-2021, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einthebx View Post
I currently live in The Glen and have for the past 6 years. I have witnessed three different transitions in management and they still can't get it right. Corruption at it's finest. Security is a joke. Mine own children have been harassed by security and board members. Many of the board members are either affiliated, involved, or them themselves tied to corruption in the policing sectors as well. Homes have been broken into and one family was even involved in an armed robbery, not to mention the criminal involvement. Fees are roughly $1,500 per year and fines vary for the most outrageous petty things. I personally wanted to stay because my children are attached but at this point, the first house I find to my liking will be our immediate departure. As far as the resort it's shut down and completely abandoned. Apparently nobody wants to pay the asking price or taxes owed. Now you all know the TRUTH. -Glen Resident
I'd have to agree with you. The previous property manager and security chief should be in jail but they are connected. We have new management but not much has changed. Security is powerless although they are an outside company. Some of the people that live here are animals. Not kidding. I have met very few decent, law abiding residents that live here full time. I am still planning my escape but have made the best of it. On the bright side, I do like my home and the scenery is breathtaking. I just think many parties have dropped the ball on making the Glen a wonderful neighborhood.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
You contradicted yourself in the 2nd sentence:

Nothing like that will discourage me from buying in a community because that has 0 effect on the actual life of residents. The more important things are fees, services, effectiveness of security and so on...

The head of security leaving the scene of a crime has no effect on the effectiveness of security???? REALLY!! What a moronic thing to say!! So you would trust your safety and the safety of the community in which you live to the head drunk in charge of the security force. Way to go!!
I had to go back to this because it's such a farce. Not only was he drunk but he tossed a weapon that he had on him. Ran from the police. Yet he didn't go to jail! Unbelievable! Effectiveness of security? Your security chief breaks many laws but you have no problem with that. The fact that he only got fired should disturb anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania