Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:48 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderace View Post
I am a bit nervous after reading some of theses viewpoints on W-B. My son has just committed to Wilkes University. Is this a mistake becuase of a safety issue in that area of W-B? Please respond.
You're reading a five-year-old thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 05:24 AM

22 posts, read 42,109 times
Are you saying it's better now?

Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
This thread is five years old but I am happy it was bumped. There are many positives and negatives in our city which makes it a polarizing topic for conversation both here and in the real world. Most of the people I know who live here love the city but worry about the future. The city still has many good people who reside within its borders. It is just up to us to keep up the good fight and not give the city to criminals and corruption.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 AM

22 posts, read 42,109 times

Old 05-20-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
You're reading a five-year-old thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theinternet View Post
Are you saying it's better now?
No, I'm saying it's a five-year-old thread. Anyone coming to W-B would be wise to seek more up-to-date information, wouldn't you say?

Old 05-20-2013, 02:14 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
No, I'm saying it's a five-year-old thread. Anyone coming to W-B would be wise to seek more up-to-date information, wouldn't you say?
I would still same the same things today gypsy. I can say these things through first hand knowledge by living here, not from afar like so many I see here. I am sitting outside typing this on a nice warm spring day. Enjoying the town unafraid, when I walk my dogs later I will be sure to see the playground full again as it was five years ago. Diverse and harmonious just as before. Sure there are the bad spots like Sherman Hills but even that gets made out to be like the whole area is a dangerous Ghetto.

One thing I would like to see moving forward is a refreshed Mayor's Office. Whether it still be Leighton with a renewed vigor or someone new we need to get back to the core issues. Rebuilding infrastructure and creating jobs through up and coming Industries like tech or energy.

In the meantime I'll sit back and enjoy it for what it is, a decent relatively safe and affordable community. Despite what detractors may say, I still like it here

Old 05-20-2013, 04:32 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
I would still same the same things today gypsy. I can say these things through first hand knowledge by living here, not from afar like so many I see here. I am sitting outside typing this on a nice warm spring day. Enjoying the town unafraid, when I walk my dogs later I will be sure to see the playground full again as it was five years ago. Diverse and harmonious just as before. Sure there are the bad spots like Sherman Hills but even that gets made out to be like the whole area is a dangerous Ghetto.

One thing I would like to see moving forward is a refreshed Mayor's Office. Whether it still be Leighton with a renewed vigor or someone new we need to get back to the core issues. Rebuilding infrastructure and creating jobs through up and coming Industries like tech or energy.

In the meantime I'll sit back and enjoy it for what it is, a decent relatively safe and affordable community. Despite what detractors may say, I still like it here

Old 05-20-2013, 05:19 PM

chef, and mags, I make no quarrel with what you say. You both live in the city and see it for what it is - no more- or less-safe than any other town.

I only wanted to let the new poster know that since the thread had aged, it would be a good idea to get a fresher look. And you have both done that.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:43 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,012 times
Are the shootings I hear about on tv in WB confined to one specific area?

Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Are the shootings I hear about on tv in WB confined to one specific area?
Mostly up North in the outskirts of Scranton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania