Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 01:35 AM

5 posts, read 12,767 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to get some pickup shots for my film (just myself with a video camera and a tripod) and I need a high shot from either a cliff or an area where I'd be able to see the view of the full mountain area (sort of like the level at Camel Beach Waterpark - there is a ski-lift that goes up a mountain).

Any hiking trails or roads or cliffs where I'd be able to set up a camera and tripod and not get flack for it? My friend runs a festival in the Pocono area and said that it would be fine to shoot and for something like that a permit is not needed.

Any roads or names of areas that I'd be able to shoot such shots would be appreciated. I am looking to film around Tannersville, East Stroudsburg and surrounding areas.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 06:37 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,073,477 times
If in Effort, and going up the mountain toward Sierra View - you will see a road that leads up to The Birches. When you take that road to the top, you should be able to find a spot to photograph the entire mountainous valley.

I'd love to see you post whatever spectacular views you find!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:51 PM

How far is Effort from there? I'm not so sure with the area and am coming up to scout Poconos this weekend... I'm coming from New York City and will be coming up Delware Water Gap and into East Stroudsburg and Tannersville... Is there any road or high point of elevation where I'd be clear of trees and be able to get a nice long shot (I have a wide angle lens) and I wanted to get something in the clear if possible.

Also, what is the highest point in or around that area?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:59 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,601,604 times
deleware water gap has some interesting scenery that might fit your bill.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:08 PM

Any roads that lead up to the top? I'm sure if I go looking blindy, it might take hours...might be an interesting adventure, ha.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:57 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,572,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGFilms View Post
I'm looking to get some pickup shots for my film (just myself with a video camera and a tripod) and I need a high shot from either a cliff or an area where I'd be able to see the view of the full mountain area (sort of like the level at Camel Beach Waterpark - there is a ski-lift that goes up a mountain).

Any hiking trails or roads or cliffs where I'd be able to set up a camera and tripod and not get flack for it? My friend runs a festival in the Pocono area and said that it would be fine to shoot and for something like that a permit is not needed.

Any roads or names of areas that I'd be able to shoot such shots would be appreciated. I am looking to film around Tannersville, East Stroudsburg and surrounding areas.
Go UP............head up above Camel back Mt. It is to the right of the ski area. Follow it up to the Pocono Mt State Park area. It takes fantastic shots.
I put a few on here a bit ago, maybe on the Brazil comes to America thread.
You might go into search up top of here and put Camelback pictures.....
So just that..........keep climbing.........the road doesn't stop just at the Camel Beach. There are picnic tables at the top, and some views from both sides. It is amazing...........especially on a clear day...You can drive up with your car, there is also some walking trails there.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGFilms View Post
How far is Effort from there? I'm not so sure with the area and am coming up to scout Poconos this weekend... I'm coming from New York City and will be coming up Delware Water Gap and into East Stroudsburg and Tannersville... Is there any road or high point of elevation where I'd be clear of trees and be able to get a nice long shot (I have a wide angle lens) and I wanted to get something in the clear if possible.

Also, what is the highest point in or around that area?
Also, just so you know...........I've taken some good shots from on the picnic tables........just to get a bit higher. Full view all around......far, far and wide.
I'll have to check again, how far they said you can see.........Big Pocono State Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That link should give you the height etc.........google Big Pocono State Park for more info.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:38 PM

What is the road to go up Camel Beach? Do you know the name of it where the picnic area is? Thanks!

Old 04-10-2008, 05:44 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,073,477 times
Camelbeach Waterpark in the Poconos

Pennsylvania State Parks - Big Pocono - PA DCNR

Old 04-10-2008, 07:04 AM

Thanks Poconoproud.............
Just keep to the right of the ski lift area, to the right of the Camelbeach......
There is only one climbing up road. Only one...........
It will bring you to the top. There will be no trees in the way of your shots.
You will be above the tree line. That is what makes for some very great shots.
To the back side..........you can catch the view of a distant lake. I was never quite able to figure out which one I was looking at. Beltzville Lake??? To the front you will look down on the Chateau Resort.........out to many mountains, and even route 80 far in the distance.........Oh you should see it in the Fall!
Maybe I can find the few I took up there ............have to go check?? //www.city-data.com/forum/north...p-top-top.html
Ok well, I hope they allow me to do that, I donno?...........the" last pictures" were of the top of camelback. I had a purely horriable camera at the time, and I was in a rush.....so....mine are not all in the least bit great, but you'll get the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania