Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 02:59 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
GREAT WOLF LODGE TICKETS FOR SWIM PARK GOING ON SALE..........
The Pocono Mts. Community Days at Great Wolf Lodge are kicking in again.
The general public can enjoy the indoor waterpark........
One day tickets will go on sale for $30 each, starting Monday April 21 ......
Proceeds will benefit the United Way of Monroe Cty., the Environmental Ed. Center and St Judes Children Research Hospital.
The passes are for seven days a week from 9AM to 9PM
Starting May 5th......through June 13th ( except for Memorial Day weekend)
I remember being up at Hickory Run Lake and having someone in the end of June ask his wife to get somemore tickets for the waterpark.............Please
remember it ends......June 13th!
Tickets may be purchased on line at Home - Welcome to United Way of Monroe County, PA , at the United Way office in Tannersville, at Great Wolf Lodge and at the Pocono Environmental Ed. Center in Dingmans Ferry.
A few other locations are North Penn Bank in Stroudsburg and Effort; Barrett Paradise Friendly Library in Mountainlhome, Kinsleys Shoprite on 209 Brodheadsville, CocoSolo on N. Fifth St. in Stroudsburg.Pocono Township Municipal Building and Garvey Agency near Mr Z's in Tannerville......
Wow, lots of places to get them.
I know our kids went for the day and had a super, super time. The little fellows still talk about it.
Thank you to Great Wolf for welcoming its local residents into their great Lodge......A fantastic asset to our area. ( six thousand one day tickets will go out)

great info, thanks Summering! I've done the Community Days twice now, and had a great time! FYI, the food is a little expensive, so the second year we had a nice picnic first at Chestnuthill Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 AM

467 posts, read 1,488,717 times
Where is Nick's Lake House, Summering? Is it at Lake Harmony near 940? Would like to
go there..Have seen the name on several threads and everyone seems to push for this
restaurant....We were in Marshalls Creek for 10 years...Loved it but not the traffic from
the flea market. However I did learn real fast how to get around that traffic. Took a
little longer on back roads but at least I wasn't sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on
the weekends....

Old 04-22-2008, 02:36 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Nicks Lake House - Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania
There ya' go.........We go in the back way to Lake Harmony and it is a short hop from 115. I love, love, going there to dine and enjoying the lake. Wonderful, and relaxing.
I'm betting there is outdoor eating right now.

My Mom also took the back way to the flea market. But, it is headline news how that is blocked by a big berm right now. Plus, there is a swing fence that could be closed (?)
She lived at Monroe Lake, with a nice little view of the lake.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:25 AM

467 posts, read 1,488,717 times
Summering thanks for the info on Nick's..Will definitely try it....Monroe Lake, I know where that is..Well when they started the whole bypass thing in Marshalls Creek...we
had just bought our house...for 10 years we were in limbo..not knowing when or if they
would take our house or property....After 4 years living there we decided to go and put
a new deck on the back of the house anyway...heck it was our home...at that point I
was so disgusted I just didn't care.....turns out a week after we signed the tentative
papers with a buyer for our house, Penn Dot finally came through with a $$ award for
taking some of our property in front of our house...wouldn't have mattered much we
were set back from the road (unpaved) with a lot of trees....When this whole thing
started a neighbor of mine and myself got Joe Battisto to come down and look at the
area and see if he couldnt' do anything to persuade Penn Dot that if and when they came through our development that we would at least get paved roads out of it...Well
I was happy to hear from my neighbor that it did indeed happen and the roads were
paved (at least part of them)....getting back to the monetary award for our house.
legally we were told that we could not accept it....So the $$$ went to the buyer...we
could have used that money too...oh well....it wasn't in the cards...but they (Penn Dot)
dragged their feet on this project for so long....and now I understand that it's still not
completed, that it's back on hold again.....What a joke....almost as bad as the realtors
telling us that the train was coming.....Yeah, right....Originally they were going to take
away part of the fleal market and make it a parking lot and an additional Martz Bus
terminal...Don't know if that's still in the cards....I remember one meeting where the guy
who owns the flea market was quite annoyed that he might lose space....He doesn't even live in PA..he lived in N.J...I know a lot of locals who wished the flea market would
just go away...sorry to get off the subject here......Counting the days til we come back
to Pa....Hope we enjoy the summer up there.......

Old 07-02-2008, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,595 times
Good info. Does anyone have any more info for free preschooler programs?

Old 07-04-2008, 05:35 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
The train is making the front page again..........Lots of meetings going on.
Grants coming in.........They are talking about the Scranton to Hoboken line.
If it makes a ton of stops, no one will get to work ontime.
We need trains like in Europe.....Fast........
The usual slow, many stops train........just won't do what the commuters want.
Taking three hours to get to the city won't be worth the trouble.
In general I do like trains though. Love taking them into the city for a Broadway Show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania