U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:59 PM

13,320 posts, read 21,337,464 times

Advertisements

Wondering if you have all recieved your booklet on whats happening this summer around the Poconos. If not try Monroe County for some good information.........some of the fun things mentioned are:
Monroe Cty Environmental Ed Centers kids programs...
Kettle Creek for Kids
Forest, Fields and Me Day camps
and a Conservation Camp
There is listings for lifegurard training......there is also a page on Summer Swim Leagues for ages 6 to 18.
BUS TRIPS to the 76ers....New York Yankees, the American Museum of Natural History in NYC....a Philly Tour, Gettysburg Tour......and the Radio City Spectacular.....Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
Discount tickets: Available at the Recreation office in Snyderville
Hershey Park, Dorney Park, Philly Zoo, Camelbeach,Adventure Aquarium,NJ
Baltimore Aquarium, Six Flaggs NJ..........
There are lisitngs for basketball, softball, dancing for all ages, fitness walks,
there is even a way to join the NY Red Bulls soccer camp....for child appropriate curriculums.......
FREE..........Here is a fun thing for families......GO FLY A KITE on Sat. April 26th @9AM to 1PM at the Monroe Cty Rec. soccer fields , Manor Dr in Snydersville....bring your own kite a chair to lounge on a picnic lunch...this is the second Annual kite event and tee-shirts will be available.
( no dogs or bikes allowed on the fields)
Craft Central.....for Scrapbookers, quilters, knitters, needlework........
at Monroe Cty Public Safety Center Wednes 9 to 1PM May 7th to Aug 27th...summer session cost $40 Four hours of creative time...share your craft.........
There is a ton more things listed.........trips, outtings, fun and frolic.......
Have a great summer in Pa!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 02:20 PM

620 posts, read 1,935,956 times
That's fun to know, thanks Summering.

I just found out a little more information about the new flea market at the Wayne County Fair Grounds. It opens the first weekend in May and will be open straight through December. 700 vendors, and they will try to make it more than just a flea market...an outdoor marketplace. There will be a farmer's market, art, crafts, etc. It sounds like a fun thing to do on a Saturday or Sunday. And we get to see and support all the little local cottage industries.

I hope the farmer's market is a big one...the one on main street in Honesdale is nice, but I would like to see it expanded upon.

I feel like I can see the warmer temps moving toward us on the horizon.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:43 PM

203 posts, read 542,196 times
Is the flea mkt going to be open Saturday and Sunday?
My Sat.s are always so busy in the spring / summer (baseball) & I'd like to find something different to do on Sundays.

Is the fair grounds hard to find? I'm not familiar with the area. I think I'm off to look it up now.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:50 PM

MermanMike........Yes, tell us more. How do we find that? I don't live up that way, I'd like to go one weekend.
Onetime I came from NJ to one in Saylorburg, and at 2PM it was already closed.....Bahhh

Old 04-14-2008, 03:09 PM

3,233 posts, read 6,236,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
MermanMike........Yes, tell us more. How do we find that? I don't live up that way, I'd like to go one weekend.
Onetime I came from NJ to one in Saylorburg, and at 2PM it was already closed.....Bahhh
For you Summering, since you live in Brodheadsville, your best route would be this to get to Honesdale and the fairgrounds:Take 715 to Rt. 80. Then go west to Rt.380. Take that north all the to the end and get on the Casey Highway in Dunmore and take that to the end and then through Waymart and Rt.6. A little further down is Honesdale.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:16 PM

620 posts, read 1,935,956 times
This website has some preliminary info about the marketplace... twincountymarkets.com

It looks like it will be open Sat and Sun and then also you can shop on Friday afternoon while everyone is setting up. It is reminding me of the chelsea flea markets that I used to love on lazy NYC Sundays.

It is pretty easy to find if you've ever been to Honesdale. As you come out of Honesdale...going north...take 191N at the 191/670 split...and it is about a mil or so up on your left. You can't miss it...big signs...stadium...horses enjoying the pasture. There is a cute little covered bridge in the front, that I think is over Dyberry creek...not sure if that's still Dyberry creek there, but a pretty creek out front either way.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:19 PM

9,482 posts, read 11,504,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post

Peak time to be at the Saylorsburg flea market is 8 a.m. - noon. At those times, you can count on the maximum amount of vendors. We usually hit it from 9:30 to 11:00 - then go to Buddy's hot dog stand for a great, cheap lunch.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:37 PM

2,317 posts, read 4,834,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
Peak time to be at the Saylorsburg flea market is 8 a.m. - noon. At those times, you can count on the maximum amount of vendors. We usually hit it from 9:30 to 11:00 - then go to Buddy's hot dog stand for a great, cheap lunch.
What date does the flea market start? I remember passing by there once on the way to the cherry valley winery.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:27 PM

9,482 posts, read 11,504,386 times
They opened last weekend, and will be open every Saturday and Sunday through October. I'd love to go to the winery! I haven't yet, but would love to go for a wine tasting.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
For you Summering, since you live in Brodheadsville, your best route would be this to get to Honesdale and the fairgrounds:Take 715 to Rt. 80. Then go west to Rt.380. Take that north all the to the end and get on the Casey Highway in Dunmore and take that to the end and then through Waymart and Rt.6. A little further down is Honesdale.
Wow, thanks............I never would of thought that way at all. I think because when I use to go there I lived in NJ......and so we went through the Milford area.......I'm gonna do that one weekend and I guess I better save a good chunk of time to get there.
I'll copy that now...........Thanks Ranger!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania