Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 01:58 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,801,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am doing fine so far. It is hard to say what the future holds. Supposedly our cases should peak around the second or third week of April; of course it will be a wait and see.

I looked for some information on the Lake Arrowhead development: https://arrowheadlakepa.net/. I found some Glassdoor reviews from employees of the development: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Ar...ws-E861676.htm. And I found these reviews on Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/lake-arrowh...ke-arrowhead-2.

The reason I mentioned the development in the first place is because it cuts off the corner that is formed by Routes 940 and 115. There are fairly good back roads that could get you to WB or Pocono Summit and save some mileage. But the area surrounding that development is pretty rural; you might even be able to find something that is not in a development? Also I have no idea how those rural roads are maintained?

As far as buying right now I would do more of a wait and see what happens after we survive this pandemic. There might be great sales but you could end up with a property where the owner had the virus? Of course you should be 'safe' because the virus only last so long on the surfaces. It is hard to say what is going to happen right now?

Of course the Blakeslee area has better shopping. But then you have shopping available where both of you go to work. There is a proposed medial facility that is either being built or was built in the Blakeslee area; but I have no further information on that?

How is the freight industry? Are you both busy right now and are there any concerns about coworkers spreading the virus? Anyway stay safe and feel free to stop in here anytime!

Thanks Conrad. We are both busy which is great. I have a different shift now, 7-3:30am and like it because I generally get 40 hours a week. Freight is down a little and the part timers are getting their hours cut on a daily basis. Hubby is getting ot every day. His shift also changed and he is working 8:30-5am. He really works about 50 hours a week. We cannot complain as so many are out of work. Of course where I work is scary as we have so many coming from all over and while things are washed down, it cannot be clean enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 05:16 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Thanks Conrad. We are both busy which is great. I have a different shift now, 7-3:30am and like it because I generally get 40 hours a week. Freight is down a little and the part timers are getting their hours cut on a daily basis. Hubby is getting ot every day. His shift also changed and he is working 8:30-5am. He really works about 50 hours a week. We cannot complain as so many are out of work. Of course where I work is scary as we have so many coming from all over and while things are washed down, it cannot be clean enough.
Good luck looking for a new location! I would hold off until this mess starts to easy up. Stay safe and be careful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania