Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 08:15 PM

48 posts, read 58,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I kind of like the deer better; I don't have to worry about training. I know that it is impossible to train them to not eat all the flowers and shrubbery around the house! But they do package their poop in nice little round balls and it does not smell as bad as dog poop. Plus I don't have to worry about where to board them when I want to leave.

I haven't had a dog for many, many years. Perhaps one of your new neighbors or the relator can help?

You will have visiting wildlife. Make sure you get quality garbage cans with lids that don't come off easy. Of course you will have to check with your garbage hauler to see what they want. I actually take mine to a transfer station not too far from your new home. The transfer station is located on the old Sullivan Trail about 3/4th of a mile if you would turn left off Long Pond Road as you head towards Pocono Summit. It is a good place to get rid of garbage and junk.

I might have said this before; but I highly recommend Dr. Bolock for a GP and both of her PAs in the Geisinger Health system located just behind Walmart. You turn down Industrial Park Drive that is located between Walmart and Lowes and make the right after the Walmart back side entrance. Then they are located on your right after that right. Her PAs are the best and I have never had any doctor or nurse that spent so much time trying to help.

PS If you want any recommendations on flowers and shrubbery that is deer resistant; just ask.
hmmmm...ok, fair enough. How about a recommendation on a place to buy kayaks this late in the season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 12:37 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.w. View Post
hmmmm...ok, fair enough. How about a recommendation on a place to buy kayaks this late in the season?
I guess that all depends on what you like and what you want to pay. Dicks Sporting goods in Bartonsville is advertising them. That will be easy for you to get to: go to route 940 from Long Pond Road and head east just a few hundred yards until you hit I-380 south where you pick up I-80 east. Get off at the Bartonsville exit and turn south on Route 611. The entrance to Dicks is only about a quarter mile from your Bartonsville exit. Note that you are actually on Route 33 for a very short time when you exit off Route 80 and before you hit Route 611. Going the other direction on Route 33 is the way we would take to go to the Wind Gap or ABE area.

Online you have many, many, kayak choices and the prices vary greatly.

I see that we have two places fairly close that advertise Kayaking one in East Stroudsburg 'Adventure Sports' (I presume that is on the Delaware?) and one to your west 'Northeast PA Kayak School' (I would presume that is on the Lehigh River?).

I like to fish but it gets harder to sit so low at 73. If you got me in a Kayak I would need one of those medial alerts buttons and a hoist to get me out! Or maybe you could flip it over and after ten of fifteen minutes I would float out and down the river!

Old 09-03-2020, 05:43 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,143,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.w. View Post

Wherever you get one don't buy a kayak from Walmart. They're fairly inexpensive yes. But as they say you get what you pay for. In their case: JUNK!! The places recommended by fisheye are good and so is REI if you can find one close to our area. My recommendation would be to talk with someone who has one like your friends or someone in your family. Get informed before plunking a sizeable chunk of change on the wrong model. Unless your already knowledgeable in kayaking. Then you know what to do. Here's one link to help you out:

https://www.boatsafe.com/how-to-kayak/

REI locations close to the 18360 zip code:

https://www.rei.com/map/store#18360

Have fun!!

Last edited by DavidWebb; 09-03-2020 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 09-03-2020, 09:20 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,429,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Online you have many, many, kayak choices and the prices vary greatly.

I see that we have two places fairly close that advertise Kayaking one in East Stroudsburg 'Adventure Sports' (I presume that is on the Delaware?) and one to your west 'Northeast PA Kayak School' (I would presume that is on the Lehigh River?).
I'd say try Dunkelberger's in Stroudsburg for kayaks. They will be pricey but the staff will be knowledgeable about the product.

Also Edge of the Woods Outfitters in DWG (not sure if they sell kayaks but would certainly give you info).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania