Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 01:31 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,163,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Interesting that in India they have resorted to burning corpses in open fields. Prior to November 2020 many powerful people in America were saying that we were the worst in the world. Now we have 3 vaccines and our infection rates are dropping like a rock.
I don't think so: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

Quote:
It's not the health care system in general that I don't trust. If they say the vaccine works at close to 100%, I believe that it does. It's the politicized and flailing CDC I don't trust. Just the other day a CDC Doctor said on national TV they "will be looking at" their recommendation that people wear masks outdoors. After 15 months of nonstop focus on this disease, and they're still getting around to "looking at" changing recommendations.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...dance/2789643/

CDC recommendations are like that all the way down the line. Recently they announced that viable Covid virus does not live on metal surfaces (e.g. doorknobs and subway poles) for days, unlike what they thought 12 months ago. Well no Shinola, Sherlock! It didn't sound plausible to me when they first announced it last year!
Personally I don't think anybody really knows what is happening with this pandemic.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:55 PM

8,085 posts, read 7,457,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Well, at least ICU's aren't full anymore and NYC is not storing corpses in reefer trucks like 52 weeks ago. Almost everyone I know is either fully or partially vaccinated, or they are looking to get the shot.

Quote:
Personally I don't think anybody really knows what is happening with this pandemic.
That's fine for you and me, but the CDC and dare I say the WHO are supposed to be providing guidance based on science. Today on ABC's Sunday Show Tony Fauci said regarding wearing masks outdoors, "...when you look around at the common sense situation, the risk is really low, especially if you’re vaccinated," [emphasis added]. Anyone with common sense knows you don't have to wear a mask outdoors especially if you're vaccinated. I'm asking for more than that from the CDC after 15+ months.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:20 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,163,762 times
Quote:
That's fine for you and me, but the CDC and dare I say the WHO are supposed to be providing guidance based on science. Today on ABC's Sunday Show Tony Fauci said regarding wearing masks outdoors, "...when you look around at the common sense situation, the risk is really low, especially if you’re vaccinated," [emphasis added]. Anyone with common sense knows you don't have to wear a mask outdoors especially if you're vaccinated. I'm asking for more than that from the CDC after 15+ months.
I think the CDC is caught between a rock and a hard place. No matter what they do, they will be wrong. In that link I gave you, if you expand the "Daily Cases" chart on the bottom right side, you can see that we are right up there tied with other peak cases like back after Thanksgiving and Xmas. If they error on the side of 'business as usual' and the cases go sky-high, they will be help accountable. They are being held accountable for not dropping the restrictions or 'guidance' right now.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:14 AM

3,997 posts, read 2,365,120 times
Quote:
Interesting that in India they have resorted to burning corpses in open fields. Prior to November 2020 many powerful people in America were saying that we were the worst in the world. Now we have 3 vaccines and our infection rates are dropping like a rock.

It's not the health care system in general that I don't trust. If they say the vaccine works at close to 100%, I believe that it does. It's the politicized and flailing CDC I don't trust. Just the other day a CDC Doctor said on national TV they "will be looking at" their recommendation that people wear masks outdoors. After 15 months of nonstop focus on this disease, and they're still getting around to "looking at" changing recommendations.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...dance/2789643/

CDC recommendations are like that all the way down the line. Recently they announced that viable Covid virus does not live on metal surfaces (e.g. doorknobs and subway poles) for days, unlike what they thought 12 months ago. Well no Shinola, Sherlock! It didn't sound plausible to me when they first announced it last year!
Geez! Initially around this time last year I was wearing masks and gloves like a surgeon. Then they say wearing gloves is just spreading the virus so I stopped. People still are careful touching surfaces from my observations. The CDC changes recommendations like they change shoes.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:26 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,545,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Geez! Initially around this time last year I was wearing masks and gloves like a surgeon. Then they say wearing gloves is just spreading the virus so I stopped. People still are careful touching surfaces from my observations. The CDC changes recommendations like they change shoes.

As they learn more about the virus, the guidelines change. I'm okay with that and think a little bit of inconvenience is worth being overly cautious. If they didn't change their guidelines we would still be on lockdown and washing groceries.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania