Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:22 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,826,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I don't understand this hatred about Janet Evans. She is the only one on council that does honor citizen's requests.
there have been multiple times I have forwarded concerns to council, which affected the children of this city. One of the problems was evidence of heroin addicts hanging around at a little league field at night and leaving their paraphernalia lying around on a field where little kids played t-ball, I was asking for more police patrols there. Janet did not respond. However, Judy Gatelli and Bill Courtright were right on it.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:44 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,100,577 times
Well well well, Phillies where do you get your info., hmmmmmmm Maybe the PD site? Come on give me a break. YOU HAVE YOUR OPINION ABOUT JANET AND THATS FINE BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD DO IN THE NEXT ELECTION? Now which paper do you refer to about Plichesky? Do you mean the Union News? Thats not his nor does he have anything to do with it. I am not aware of any other news paper in regards to Pilchesky, not to mention that the Pilchesky's were not really as widely known in the last election as they are now. Gary lost plain and simply because he openly refused to go after the mayor on the issues, he refused to attack his opponent in public on the facts and the issues, he was very soft on Doherty and thats why he lost. I worked hard on his campaign and so did alot of my friends and no matter what anyone told him he continued to state that he would not play like the mayor and it cost him the chance at mayor. Thats it, thats all right there GARY WAS SOFT ON THE ISSUES!!!!PERIOD! Again you have not even come close to bringing anything to the table. CHS89 come on votes are votes and if she had over 4000 more votes last time around and the mayor has buried more and more under debt what do you think will happen next time when she runs??????? Phillies all you want to do is to continue to bring this hearsay PD crap to this forum. I am done with the DD and the PD crap, DD slams the the city and sometimes they actually produce some accurate info and there is alot inside people there who are willing to get the info out. I do not agree with the personal attacks and the personal info that gets out from that site. PD is a whole other story that site is a joke, they have 6 posters and all they do is try to figure out who is on DD and then they make fun of everyone myself included, I could careless but they seem to be a bunch of babies who just ***** about DD and they never ever offer anything of any substance to any converstaion about the problems of the city. Children in my book. As far as "not a dumb blonde" if you have factual proof then bring it on but you don't and you know it so leave it where you found it on PD. Again you and CHS89 have yet to bring anything of any substance to any of these debates that we have here on this site. I asked you whats the alternative to Janet? Who do you think would be a good candidate for mayor in 2009? Who do you feel would bring us out of this huge mounatin of debt without spending more than needed and relieving us of all those new hires of their positions here in the city? I want to debate and I want a good debate but since you two are incapiable of it I guess maybe I will move on to another thread. Debate, not childish claims or digs or DD or PD comments, just a clean and open debate. The both of you are no different then any of the idiots that post on those two sites and you are dragging this forum down everytime you touch your keyboard.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:51 PM

Pilchesky passed out a "newspaper" that he made right before the 2005 election, which was basically a print edition of DD. A copy was dropped on my porch.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:55 PM

Whooooa lets elect Judy because she responded to your call, maybe BIll right because we judge a candidate on what they have done for the individual and not what have they done for our city. Thats a perfect example of the not in my backyard mentality. SO F&%KI*NG what she responded to your emails. They all retrun my calls, every single last one of them as responded to every call or e-mail that I have sent, so what? Judy has sat there and has given the mayor everything he wanted without questioning him at least once on it, she is at fault for our debt as much as he is, so is Bill since he pushed that $35,000,000 bond thru for the mayor. Bill cannot be trusted, he has no legacy from his time in office and he wants that West Side sidewalk and lamp project so bad at this poinmt that he is willing to sell out the city for it, just sit back and watch. They have all helped me on issues in regards to meetings and condemed properties and getting small stuff done around my neighborhood but what have they done for the city lately that was at least alittle positive for us? Its their jobs to respond to you, that means nothing and if you want Janet to get int ouch with you leave a message at the city council office and she get back to you, if you really want to talk to her then call me and hget you in touch with her, its just funny how your little problems are more important to you then the issues of the whole city, I think my neighborhood issues far out weigh anything you and CHS89 could possibly come up with but yet I continue to go after the city wide issues because they are more important to the whole city and not just my backyard. Close minded mentality of the sheep is what has gotten us right where we are today, $300,000,000 in debt and nothing to show for it, nothing. BAAHHH BAAAHHH BAAHHHH I think the mayor is calling and he wants to stick it to you sheep some more so get in line and get ready to pay for it. Drop Janet and give me some options??? Come on bring something to the table.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:57 PM

Who do I feel would make a good mayor? I don't know really. None of the obvious choices may be wonderful, but I would take Gary DiBileo, Bill Courtright, or even Judy Gatelli over Evans. If the choice was Evans or Doherty, I would have to write someone else in....I couldn't vote for either with a clear conscience.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:57 PM

Thats it, thats your reply, comeon give me something more than a sheet of paper on your porch...Debate, debate come on I know you actually have a brain so use it, come up with alternatives to what you do not like and that would be better than what we have now!

Old 08-23-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Bill cannot be trusted, he has no legacy from his time in office and he wants that West Side sidewalk and lamp project so bad at this poinmt that he is willing to sell out the city for it, just sit back and watch.
That's fine with me, I live in West Side. I hope he runs for mayor now. Main Ave in West Side could use some sprucing up. It would be a nice change, since West Side has been neglected in favor of South Side, Providence, Nay Aug, and downtown. Although I also feel for your neighborhood and wish something would be done about Daron and the flooding.

What is closed minded on your part is that if someone such as Courtright occasionally (or even once or twice) agrees with the mayor, he is automatically evil. Just because he voted for the CRF does not make him a "dobee" or whatever they call them. And can you blame Bill for looking out for his part of town? If he doesn't, who will? Personally, i would like to see Scranton council changed so that the city is divided up into sections, and a council member from each section, ensuring that all parts of the city get equal representation. Wilkes-Barre council changed to that format this past year.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:02 PM

Judy your kidding me right Judy, please show me what she has done for this city in the last 25 years that was positive? Have you seen the audit from OECD when her and washo were there, oh my god the money was allover the place and there is some very questionable finaces there, what has she done since she has been on council that would be considered good legislation for the city? Has she questioned the mayor once on his borrowing? Has she questioned him once on his spending? I would vote for Paul SWB before I WOULD EVER VOTE FOR JUDY AGAIN. Bill is on the fence and leaning more towards the mayor everytime he votes so who else do we have in Scranton that we could run for mayor that would help us. GARY IS SOFT.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:04 PM

Hey Providence was done by Santorum not the mayor, if Bill would push for some state or fed help he could get done what they did in Providence, but do not think that the mayor had anything to do with the square or the E market st bridge, he had nothing to do with either.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
I think my neighborhood issues far out weigh anything you and CHS89 could possibly come up with .

Your issues outweigh heroin paraphernalia littered around a T-ball field? Sorry, I disagree. I'm not downplaying your problems, but the prospect of a 5 year old playing t-ball getting stuck with a needle is pretty serious. And for someone who keeps insisting that "our problems don't affect the entire city," that is a joke of an argument. The same can be said for your problems. Daron and the flooding issues don;t affect me whatsoever. So should I just dismiss those issues as not affecting the entire city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania