Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:33 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,101,492 times

Advertisements

NO I WOULDN'T. Thats not who I am, thats not why I do what I do......

This job smacks of cronism but the appointments of Oleski, Wallace, Zeitzinger, Moran, Mitchel, Hailstone, etc.... don't?

The desired reaction from what voting populace? We have city of 70,000 and only 23,000 voted last time around for mayor. Doherty ran McGuigan as a spoiler, thus securing the needed votes to win for him. There is no voting populace and Doherty wouldn't do this now unless he knew that he had his votes locked up or like I have been saying he is not going to run. He still has plenty of time to make an annoucement about not running in order to go after Kanjo in 2010.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:04 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
Maybe now he'll sue me for defamation of character.

Doesn't one actually need character for that to stick, though?

Old 01-06-2009, 12:26 PM

570717 remember Doherty only won with 14,000 votes last time.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:36 PM

Don't worry Paul you can still go across the hall and make fun of him all you want... I won't tell him who you are.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:55 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,617 times
I think it was me who said he would not run and you countered that with something about a rally in the park and fundraiser at a bar......

The fact of the matter is people don't care about all the numbers you spout off. No one even knows if they are correct or not. What matters to voters in Scranton is a nice park, the work being done on the 500 block, trees in South Side, cameras (pluged in or not) watching the streets and da roads getti'n plowed. (his fine Irish name helps a bit as well)

Like it or not, if he runs he wins in my humble opinion. I just think he will not run this time around and do everything and anything he is told by certain people to get back in their good graces.

He is no dummy. He is outsmarted and out lasted every detractor he faced in Scranton. He is Lucky Hilary was appointed to Sec of State....That will help him.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:11 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,827,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I just think he will not run this time around
I hope you're right. But I do have to wonder why he would be holding all of these fundraisers if he wasn't running. Plus he's been making himself more visible...on TV commercials, etc, lately. It seems an awful lot like he's campaigning, if not for mayor, then what?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I think it was me who said he would not run and you countered that with something about a rally in the park and fundraiser at a bar.......

I have agreed with you on that point from day one. I still do not think he will run. Its a big risk, if he runs and loses he is done......If he doesn't run and bows out a 3 time winner(council, mayor, mayor) he can run at Kanjo.....

Old 01-06-2009, 04:01 PM

12 posts, read 82,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
NO I WOULDN'T. Thats not who I am, thats not why I do what I do......

This job smacks of cronism but the appointments of Oleski, Wallace, Zeitzinger, Moran, Mitchel, Hailstone, etc.... don't?

The desired reaction from what voting populace? We have city of 70,000 and only 23,000 voted last time around for mayor. Doherty ran McGuigan as a spoiler, thus securing the needed votes to win for him. There is no voting populace and Doherty wouldn't do this now unless he knew that he had his votes locked up or like I have been saying he is not going to run. He still has plenty of time to make an annoucement about not running in order to go after Kanjo in 2010.

Lets not forget to add Graziano to that list of cronies, the 21 year old bilding inspector who couldnt build a tree fort. The Inspetionns office probably has the most cronies of any city office... oleski, sitzinger, mitchel, wallace, connors, and graziano. 6 cronie hires in 1 office, WOW.
From wat my sources at city hall tell me, all the bilding inspector does is what the admin tells him to do, selectivly targets those who badtalkt he mayor, and runs around telling everyone how the mayor is so wonderful. From what I hear is that he runs around with mitchel all day. Maybe connors is going to be there new drinking buddy

Old 01-06-2009, 06:17 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj0026 View Post
Lets not forget to add Graziano to that list of cronies, the 21 year old bilding inspector who couldnt build a tree fort. The Inspetionns office probably has the most cronies of any city office... oleski, sitzinger, mitchel, wallace, connors, and graziano. 6 cronie hires in 1 office, WOW.
From wat my sources at city hall tell me, all the bilding inspector does is what the admin tells him to do, selectivly targets those who badtalkt he mayor, and runs around telling everyone how the mayor is so wonderful. From what I hear is that he runs around with mitchel all day. Maybe connors is going to be there new drinking buddy
wow, Your sources huh.....

Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,661,422 times
Quote:
So I was reading the Scranton Times this morning and I see that Jimmy Connor's son was hired for a job as assitant zoning something or another. Now some of you may actually have something.

This hire screams of nepotism and political favor. Soo much so they printed it in the paper. If you can get someone not considered mentaly unstable and can articulate this in a fashion resonable to the populace without coming across as an ignorant fool, well then.....

Now, I don't know this kid so he may be great, but his creditials don't seem to gleam in the sun. What say you, peanut gallery?
I don't even want to comment on this because it smacks so much of nepotism it makes me sick. Wouldn't it be nice to actually hire someone with experience and who is qualified for the job, instead of just picking someone for a political favor? No one got me my job for me and that goes for most of us working people on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania