Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 02:54 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,139 times

Advertisements

Is what they say true? Is it really bliss, Ed?

Old 01-21-2009, 02:55 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
What really irks me about people like John is that he's uncomfortable with the notion of alternative sexual orientations merely because he automatically aligns his mind with the imagery of us fornicating. When I see a younger heterosexual couple walking hand-in-hand at work the first thing that pops into my head isn't "I wonder how their parts fit together?" Usually I smile inwardly, pleased to see two people so happily in love while hoping that someday I, too, may know what that feeling is like. If I were a heterosexual male and saw two women (or yes, even two men) holding hands while walking down Lackawanna Avenue in Scranton, I wouldn't think twice. They're two people who are consensually in love. Why not just be happy that they were able to find someone to make them feel so complete instead of picturing everyone rutting at each other? The people who find alternative sexual orientations so repulsive are usually the same ones who can't get beyond the "sex" issue. Whether I prefer to be on my knees, upside down on the roll bar of a Jeep Wrangler, or inside-out on my honeymoon night is absolutely NONE OF YOUR BEESWAX!
I'm uncomfortable with it also, but I don't advocate the death or beatings of gays like some. It's something I just don't get and never will get, I just think homosexuality goes against the laws of nature. It's none of my business what anyone does between the sheets, it's just something I don't understand. But I would never call anyone names or anything like that.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:56 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
I watched some of all that today!! I find it soo funny people even took time off from work and spend money for a trip to DC, what a waste of time and money...
YAh 400 years of slavery, oppression, interpososition and nullification. Years of being counted as 3/5 of a human. People in this Country stil unwilling to understand that and what it means to have our First black President. Yes, this was a great day, it is a cause for happiness and should be seen as a milestone.

You can continue to play devils advocate on this and ED can express his *knowledge, Dan can even tell us how much more he understands about everything in the world than the rest of us......

That is the beauty of it. Keep doubting, it will only encourge action. Hold the man accountable, and let him prove his virtue. Ed, your necessity to this Nation is greater than you will ever know.....I thank you for your contributions to the Democratic process.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:56 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
Is what they say true? Is it really bliss, Ed?
Whatever one trick pony. I think you're bliss Paul.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:58 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
OOOHHHHH PLEASE! Its your own fault. Why are you so hung up whether or not your website gets mentioned here? You and your friends sit there and make fun of people all day long and then you start to pull posts of mine from here to laugh about and you don't think that your website reflects who or what you are here? You don't think that people should know that you own a political website designed to do nothing but harass and make fun of people?

You might want to have the two looked at seperately, but guess what, your the same person. Its your site and if you didn't want the content or posts from PD following you around on other sites then maybe you should of thought about that before you posted here or started to jump on my case for speaking out against what I percieve is wrong and unjust for the residents of this city.

CHS89 aka Paul doesn't post there anymore because he no longer has the benefit of anonymity and based on some of his comments in the past about posters on DD and Joe's family I don't blame him.

Take it easy Lus and I'm sorry that you don't feel welcome but I guess thats what happens when you start a website that is there for the sole reason of slamming people and calling them names. A website that was started just to nit pick posts from other websites and call the posters names.

I have said this before....You made your own bed...
Can someone please enlighten me as to how this belief came about that CHS89 is Paul? I assume by "Paul", you are referring to ScranBarre Paul? I don't see the similarities in the postings of those two posters at ALL, yet I constantly see posts insinuating that they are one and the same person , so I'm just curious as to how that came about, or what proof you or anyone else has that the two posters are the same person. . Inquiring minds!

Old 01-21-2009, 03:03 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Can someone please enlighten me as to how this belief came about that CHS89 is Paul? I assume by "Paul", you are referring to ScranBarre Paul? I don't see the similarities in the postings of those two posters at ALL, yet I constantly see posts insinuating that they are one and the same person , so I'm just curious as to how that came about, or what proof you or anyone else has that the two posters are the same person. . Inquiring minds!
No. weluvpa likes to "show off" his investigative techniques because he happens to think (know?) that CHS89's true first name is Paul. He knows CHS89 and I are two different people.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:03 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,684 times
Quote:
Two completely different posters, just same name.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:05 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,139 times
Quote:
Different people. Same name. Dan apparently devoted some of his precious time going the library, looking at a yearbook, and suddenly has me all figured out.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:08 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
What really irks me about people like John is that he's uncomfortable with the notion of alternative sexual orientations merely because he automatically aligns his mind with the imagery of us fornicating. When I see a younger heterosexual couple walking hand-in-hand at work the first thing that pops into my head isn't "I wonder how their parts fit together?" Usually I smile inwardly, pleased to see two people so happily in love while hoping that someday I, too, may know what that feeling is like. If I were a heterosexual male and saw two women (or yes, even two men) holding hands while walking down Lackawanna Avenue in Scranton, I wouldn't think twice. They're two people who are consensually in love. Why not just be happy that they were able to find someone to make them feel so complete instead of picturing everyone rutting at each other? The people who find alternative sexual orientations so repulsive are usually the same ones who can't get beyond the "sex" issue. Whether I prefer to be on my knees, upside down on the roll bar of a Jeep Wrangler, or inside-out on my honeymoon night is absolutely NONE OF YOUR BEESWAX!
I've been to Key West, NYC, Philly, Miami, Jacksonville, etc. many times & have YET to see 2 same-sex people kiss or hold hands in public!!

Yet what do I see everywhere??

Straight couples groping each other like they were in a motel room & sticking their tongues down each other's throat so deep you'ld think they were licking each other's stomachs!!! All you had to do was expose the "parts" & you'ld have an X film!! But it's OK for us & our kids to see that....it's "normal"...

In my years I've found that the "loudest" bigots were the ones with the most to hide!! Don't take this comment too serious, but I'm not a 20 y/o kid to be chided by anyone...I'm a fully functional adult male who's lived through more in my 50+ years than a lot of posters here have, & I REFUSE to take intolerance or unfairness towards anyone (including people of my orientation) sitting down anymore, & I'm tired of hypocrites extending a hand while sticking a knife in the back with the other hand!!

Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I'm uncomfortable with it also, but I don't advocate the death or beatings of gays like some. It's something I just don't get and never will get, I just think homosexuality goes against the laws of nature. It's none of my business what anyone does between the sheets, it's just something I don't understand. But I would never call anyone names or anything like that.
Ed, you may not "understand" gays, but you use respect just like Dan (sorry to have left your name out...). That's why you've earned MY respect right back even though we may differ political-wise...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania