Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:53 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times

Advertisements

None of it makes any sense Dan, none it. I haven't figured it out.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:21 PM

37 posts, read 94,744 times
In 2009, Doherty is just going to be a little ant on the ground that the tax payers will crush in the ground. The tax payers have no more patience with this idiot...ahem...dictator we call a mayor. Janet Evans is a legacy in Scranton and has ties perhaps across the nation. I will put all my time possible to help janet evans get into office and stop the bleeding in our wallets. Doherty even said straight out after being told that janet is running in 2009, Doherty stated " Well i only wanted atleast two terms..so..maybe this will be it". Translation--Are you kidding me? You actually think i have what it takes to beat janet evans? Geez..I dont have that much money to buy more votes. Besides..I really dont want to get my ass beat by her. Count me out!

Old 08-25-2007, 02:06 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
In 2009, Doherty is just going to be a little ant on the ground that the tax payers will crush in the ground. The tax payers have no more patience with this idiot...ahem...dictator we call a mayor. Janet Evans is a legacy in Scranton and has ties perhaps across the nation. I will put all my time possible to help janet evans get into office and stop the bleeding in our wallets. Doherty even said straight out after being told that janet is running in 2009, Doherty stated " Well i only wanted atleast two terms..so..maybe this will be it". Translation--Are you kidding me? You actually think i have what it takes to beat janet evans? Geez..I dont have that much money to buy more votes. Besides..I really dont want to get my ass beat by her. Count me out!

I admire your dedication to Janet Evans, but somehow I seriously doubt that her political notoriety is on a national level. People just twenty-five minutes south in Wilkes-Barre don't know who she is, let alone people in Omaha or Sacramento. I truly wish people would stop IDOLIZING our local politicians as if they're the best thing since chocolate cheesecake. Janet Evans, in my opinion, certainly has the financial expertise necessary to bring this city back into black ink, but she comes off as being more of a self-serving snob than Doherty does. When she opens up her mouth to begin her nasally diatribes in which she pats herself on the back incessantly with a fake smile the entire time, I cringe. Nevertheless, she'd garner my vote in 2009 if I'm living in the city at that time (and not in Philadelphia, where I might be at graduate school). She may get under my skin because I can see through her "I am the woman of the people" sermons, but I'd have to vote in the best interests of moving this city forward. If Janet can squabble administrative corruption at City Hall and return this city to fiscal solvency, then that's all that matters. Scranton won't be able to do anything if it is still suffering from the "Doherty Debt," so while I like Mayor Doherty's vision for the downtown, I also know it's time for him to sail off into the sunset with his tail between his legs. I wish there was another option besides Janet or Chris (perhaps an aspiring CPA...wink, wink ), but if it came down to the two of them, I'd vote for Janet hands-down.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:41 PM

Janet Evans For Mayor 2009!!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 08:40 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
If Janet Evans becomes mayor, Wilkes-Barre will start looking pretty good to me.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:19 AM

It won't be that bad go phillies. We need some new blood in there after the mess Doherty has created. She can't be any worse at this point. If i'm gonna get screwed, at least it will be by someone different. Just my opinion. If someone better comes along, no doubt I'll vote for them. But as far as we know, Janet hasn't even officially confirmed that's she's running yet. Maybe someone wil ask her at council tomorrow night.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:34 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,662 times
High praise, indeed. "Can't be any worse." "At least it's someone different." "Until someone better comes along."

I hope her genius campaign manager prints up hundreds, even thousands, of t-shirts with her photo on the front with the slogan "She Can't Be Any Worse" over the top in bold font, and the line "You May Still Get Screwed, But At Least It Will Be By Someone Different" on the back, above her web address.

I'd buy five, at least.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:43 PM

I see you're back CHS89. Haven't seen you awhile. You mean if it came down to Doherty and Evans you would vote for Doherty? That's crazy after all the bad things he's done to this city. We need some new blood in there to shake things up. I'm not saying she's the second coming of Christ and is going to save Scranton, but we already know the alternative and that isn't great, so why not go with some else.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:55 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,662 times
Given the glowing reviews you're giving Mrs. Evans, then yes, I will be cancelling out your vote should she even make it through the primary in which she hasn't even declared her intentions on running. She's done nothing as a councilwoman that would lead me to believe she'd be any more effective as a mayor.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 PM

Dan has posted several times on this thread what Janet has done as a councilperson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania