Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:17 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,661,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Two things....One, Bush in many ways did more to harm the safety of this nation then he did to help it. Two, Obama is a one trick pony that will be gone in four years, whether he is replaced by a dem or repub. he is going to be replaced.

The divide in the country will not be as bad you think, but it will be there. It will be a sign of weakness to our enemies. This country as one is the most powerful nation on the planet and is capable of anything and we have proved that time and time again. When we have let our guard down we have paid a price for it in american lives at the hands of our enemies whether it is 1941 or 2001 and many years in between, it does happen.

This divide will draw our enemies to attack us for as a divided and weakened nation we are vulnerable and open to these attacks. These attacks will most likely be a payback in one way or another for something or some policy of the Bush admin....This is where he has done more to hurt our safety. His policies and lack of economic planning have forced our nation into a political desperation that basically caused us to vote for whomever was not Bush.

I do not think that Obama has the experience or the knowledge to deal with another national crisis that is going to be the by-product of the next terrorist attack on the United States. I also think that his trend towards nationalization of the banking system and huge stimulus packages full of money that we do not have is going to leave us at an extremely weak financial situation to cover any major crisis that we have here at home.
Very good points Dan. What I'm saying about Bush was that I think we're safer than we were before 9/11, but he still could have taken measures to make us even more safer.

These policies that Obama wants to implement will make us look weaker to our enemies and leave us more vulnerable than we ever were under Bush. It's going to turn the U.S. into a paper tiger.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:20 PM

858 posts, read 3,045,103 times
Be that as it may.. I been hearing over and over... give the guy a chance... Well I did and he blew it! It's going to be along and hard 4 years.. Brace for impact all...

Old 01-22-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Be that as it may.. I been hearing over and over... give the guy a chance... Well I did and he blew it! It's going to be along and hard 4 years.. Brace for impact all...
He blew it in his first day. I'm bracing John, I'm bracing. Let me know when we hit the bottom!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:48 PM

Default U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay to close!!

In an interview published Thursday by the Russian news agency Itar-Tass, Raul Castro said Cuba will insist that the Obama administration close the entire U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay — not just the prison camp for suspected terrorists.

"We demand that not only this prison but also this base should be closed and the territory it occupies should be returned to its legal owner — the Cuban people," Castro was quoted as saying, repeating a long-standing demand.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:57 PM

Angry Assault Weapons Next on the List!!

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Urban Policy

Get them why you can.. It only takes a ball point pen, for them to be gone for good.. As we seen what happen today..

Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 PM

Default Guantanamo detainees coming to PA!!

JOHNSTOWN, PA. Rep. John Murtha's contention that Guantanamo detainees could be safely housed in U.S. prisons, including in his Western Pennsylvania district, met little resistance from his constituents.

Scranton, news, obituaries, sports and shopping | thetimes-tribune.com | The Times-Tribune (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBAMA_GUANTANAMO_MURTHA_PAOL-?SITE=PASCR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT - broken link)

The more I read into this the more pissed off I get..

Old 01-23-2009, 04:09 AM

Oh boy, it gets worse and worse as we go along. John, how long do you think it will take before this country realizes it has made a huge mistake and the media stops giving Obama a free pass? I mean, this man has not been scrutinized by the media yet.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:08 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,825 times
I'm REAL glad you guys aren't my bosses to judge my job performance after 2 days on the new job!!!

Also, since folks seem to know what's gonna happen in the future, anyone got the lotto numbers for Saturday??? I need a winnah....a winnah....

Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Oh boy, it gets worse and worse as we go along. John, how long do you think it will take before this country realizes it has made a huge mistake and the media stops giving Obama a free pass? I mean, this man has not been scrutinized by the media yet.
Well I didnt get to check the news as of yet today.. But Im sure something Im not going to want to see is going on.. As for the country, I think this year is going to make or break Obama rama :-D.. lol
Should be more like "obama drama" LOL..

Old 01-23-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
I'm REAL glad you guys aren't my bosses to judge my job performance after 2 days on the new job!!!

Also, since folks seem to know what's gonna happen in the future, anyone got the lotto numbers for Saturday??? I need a winnah....a winnah....
I know we should be cutting him some more slack, it's just that when I see him on TV speaking it doesn't instill much confidence in me that he's going to be strong enough to lead this country in the right direction. I still can't believe he's President, it's like I'm looking at an actor portraying a president. He doesn't come off as being "presidential".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania