Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:09 PM

703 posts, read 1,547,438 times

Advertisements

You want to help defeat the stimulus package because you disagree where 1% of the funds will end up?

*scratches head*

*is thankful I used Head and Shoulders this morning*

Old 01-24-2009, 02:12 PM

858 posts, read 3,045,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
You want to help defeat the stimulus package because you disagree where 1% of the funds will end up?

*scratches head*

*is thankful I used Head and Shoulders this morning*

No!! the whole thing is a joke!! As a member on here would put it...[]

Old 01-24-2009, 02:16 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,825 times

YouTube - cry baby dance

Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Yea, and conservatives want every baby to be born and then b***h and moan when their parents need support from the government to survive and feed said child
Miss a Enya....Miss a Enya...yous KNOW us liberals just LOOOOOOVE abortions!!! We walks roun wit dem wire hangiz AAALLLL the time!!!: smack:

Old 01-24-2009, 02:31 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,585,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the commish View Post
you want to help defeat the stimulus package because you disagree where 1% of the funds will end up?

*scratches head*

*is thankful i used head and shoulders this morning*
lol!

Old 01-24-2009, 03:43 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I think he did misrepresent America's culture and heritage with his remarks and I'm taking issue with it. Christians make up a large percentage of this country and was founded on Christianity. He's trying to make this country secular and I don't like, OK?
I don't doubt that you're taking issue with his remarks, and that's perfectly fine. I just doubt you even know why.

How did he "misrepresent America's culture and heritage with his remarks"?

Are you sure this country was founded on Christianity and not on the freedom to worship as one chooses?

How is he "trying to make this country secular"? In what ways is it not, currently?

You want to debate a position, but you can't even explain your own. Do you even UNDERSTAND what it is you're talking about? Instead of rephrasing and regurgitating generalities, be specific. Defend your points. It doesn't appear to me that you can. I've posed four very simple questions to you. Think you can come close to answering any of them?

Old 01-24-2009, 04:02 PM

923 posts, read 3,095,878 times
I still think we are in deep sh_ _ !! Four years from now, our US of A is going to be worse not better. I don't think this inexperienced, egotistic man is going to pull us out of the ditch !!
Just my opinion !!

Old 01-24-2009, 09:13 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,345,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
The Pelosi-Obama-Reid troika is looking to put you on the hook for paying for a $825 billion wasteful spending package under the guise of economic "stimulus".

Here are just a few examples of the wasteful projects the bill looks to fund:
  • - $650 million in additional funds for the DTV conversion
  • - $600 million for new vehicles for the federal motor vehicle fleet
  • - $50 million for the National Endowment of the Arts
  • - $200 million to plant grass on the National Mall
  • - massive bailouts for state and local governments that have failed to live within their means, essentially rewarding bad behavior.
Keep in mind, too, that in addition to these one-time pork barrel spending projects, President Obama has promised that roughly 10 percent of the jobs he is looking to create are government jobs. - Guess who will be on the hook for permanently paying for these new bureaucrats' salaries and benefits? You!

Congress.org

The more I read into this stuff the more I got to say OMG... What have we done to our country!!
I was having a pretty good Saturday until I read this! This is a joke right????? How is $200M is National Mall grass going to help the 50 states recover their economies?

If the above is all true have we gone mad? Have we allowed 'our' elected officials the rights to for ever tax our children and their children's future for National Mall grass? We certainly allowed them to say money solves everything, just spend like a their's no tomorrow because yesterday caused the mess so today we spend spend spend!!

If we nationalized Banks and our Car Companies, what is next? Our homes, Malls, stores, Mc Donald's?

This is so sad! This is exactly what Thomas Jefferson feared about a powerful Federal Government! It has come to pass. Where's ole Jefferson when you need him now along with James Madison?

I ask everyone who has not read about Jefferson and Madison to read what they feared about our now future Federal Gov. it is eerie how insightful they were! They saw this coming when they were forming our great nation.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:20 PM

858 posts, read 3,045,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post

If the above is all true have we gone mad?
You can read the whole 15 page plan right here.. http://appropriations.house.gov/pdf/PressSummary01-21-09.pdf (broken link) what I had posted above is not only true but this is a bill that will be passed in the next few weeks...

Old 01-25-2009, 12:57 AM

703 posts, read 1,547,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
How is $200M is National Mall grass going to help the 50 states recover their economies?
It's not just for grass.

It's also for building restrooms and other improvement projects-- projects I might add that create jobs immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania