Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:13 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,100,577 times

Advertisements

George, Israel by its own definition is a "Jewish Nation". There are various types of residents....But its a jewish state.

The non-jewish residents that were within the borders of Isreal before and after the Arab-Israeli war of 1948 were granted citizenship.

There are many types of laws regarding residency and citzenship but Israel is without any doubt in the world a "Jewish Nation". There is no real seperation of church and state in Israel considering the "Star of David" is the center of their national flag.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:17 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
George, Israel by its own definition is a "Jewish Nation". There are various types of residents....But its a jewish state.

The non-jewish residents that were within the borders of Isreal before and after the Arab-Israeli war of 1948 were granted citizenship.

There are many types of laws regarding residency and citzenship but Israel is without any doubt in the world a "Jewish Nation". There is no real seperation of church and state in Israel considering the "Star of David" is the center of their national flag.
My bad!! I was trying to make a point & kinda got carried away in the analogy department..

Old 01-25-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
It's not mutually exclusive.

We are pumping hundreds of BILLIONS into infrastructure projects. The fact is that the National Mall project actually does provide stimulus for the reasons I put forth. I'm sorry that you had to relinquish your "200 million for grass" sound bite, but that's the reality.
Actaully they are NOT pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into infastructure..That is the biggest grip on the news this week from the dems......They thought based Obama's remarks during the campaign that the recovery plan was going to have more money for infastructure but it doesn't.

$825,000,000,000 plan and ONLY $33,000,000,000 is going to infastructure for the nation. The liberal press has been on this for days now....They and I thought that there was going to be more money being dumped into infastructure but its not......A huge slice if not 40% of the plan is going to tax cuts.

I still don't think that we need to be worrying about the national mall while bridges in this country have collapsed and our rail system goes back to the days of the cowboy. Our nations infastructure is a mess and hasn't seen an infusion of fed dollars since the 50's. They say that we should invest in infastructure every 30 years, so it should have beed done during Reagon but he was against "BIG" government and didn't do it....so now we are 50 years past our last infusion into infastructure and 20 years past the date we should of did it, and they want to dump $200,000,000 into the national mall in DC?

Old 01-25-2009, 08:52 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
It's not mutually exclusive.

We are pumping hundreds of BILLIONS into infrastructure projects. The fact is that the National Mall project actually does provide stimulus for the reasons I put forth. I'm sorry that you had to relinquish your "200 million for grass" sound bite, but that's the reality.
Who's going to do all that work?? Job's,job's,job's..... RIGHT!!! RIGHT??? WELL WHO THEN???

YouTube - Michael Savage - "Whites need NOT apply" says Robert Reich, Obama Economic Adviser THATS RIGHT!!

"Robert Reich is the nation's 22nd Secretary of Labor and a professor at the University of California at Berkeley."

Old 01-25-2009, 09:14 AM

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-25-2009, 09:24 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,456,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson
Just as an aside, this was right by our house yesterday Dan & I thought of you with the steel drum music, seafood & beer flowin'....

Crowd at Port Salerno Seafood Festival exceeds expectations : Martin County : TCPalm

Bet Thomas Jefferson would've loved to kick back & get his toes in the sand...

Old 01-25-2009, 09:37 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,826,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Yea, and conservatives want every baby to be born and then b***h and moan when their parents need support from the government to survive and feed said child
My point here is not to argue whether or not abortion should be legal or not, my problem is with taxpayer funding for abortion. Taxpayer funding of OVERSEAS abortions yet. With our economy in such poor shape, why should money be wasted on international abortions. Honestly, I think all foreign aid should be stopped until we straighten out our own mess.

Yes I do think that abortion should be wiped off the face of the earth, but that's for a different argument. But why do liberals believe that the solution to unwanted poor children is to KILL them? Also, maybe if those parents cannot afford children, they should either use some sort of contraception? I'm all for the government handing out all the free birth control anybody needs....it would reduce the welfare rolls and abortions.

Also, I can tell by your views on abortion that you have never been a parent.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:48 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Wow! That was a little callous, don't you think? I normally agree with your views, but this sentence was just uncalled for. I've met EnyaGirl on several occasions at work, and she's a very nice, amicable, lovely woman. I think she'd make a WONDERFUL mother if she and her husband ever decided to conceive someday. However, that's entirely up to them; I know of many, many couples who just don't want to bear the burden of raising a child because it would jeopardize their careers or their romance. More power to them. I would LOVE to adopt a few children someday, but I'd wait until my mid-to-late-30s to do so as I'd prefer to be financially secure when I do make that life-altering decision.

For all you know EnyaGirl might have even had an abortion in the past, and even if she did it is NOT our place to judge her for that, nor is it any of our business. I know of one girl who had an abortion, and to this day she still frets continuously wondering "What if...?" That is yet another reason why I don't condone abortions under most circumstances---many mothers think they are "doing the right thing" at the time, yet they then become HAUNTED years down the line realizing that they snuffed out a growing zygote/embryo/fetus that could have materialized into the next U.S. President or a brilliant medical researcher who could have located the cure for cancer. They also could have destroyed a developing Adolf Hitler, Jr., but once again, who knows?

Old 01-25-2009, 09:52 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,826,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Wow! That was a little callous, don't you think?
No I don't. Sometimes the truth hurts. If she had carried a child or if she was a parent, her views may very well change. I was pretty indifferent to abortion until I became a parent myself.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:21 AM

703 posts, read 1,547,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I can tell from your views that you've never been a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania