Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:04 AM

620 posts, read 2,056,042 times

Advertisements

I agree MrKrabs. What's more...this is why Obama can not win. I see Obama's surge in popularity as a right wing conspiracy--they know he will be so easy to crush. A cocaine snorting former muslim baby killer. Neo cons will have fun with that one.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:42 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
I agree MrKrabs. What's more...this is why Obama can not win. I see Obama's surge in popularity as a right wing conspiracy--they know he will be so easy to crush. A cocaine snorting former muslim baby killer. Neo cons will have fun with that one.
There have been reports of republicans actually switiching their registration to democrat so they can vote for Obama or Hillary, because they feel that one or the other would be easier to beat in November. I'm thinking at this point that McCain is going to win, especially if Iraq is relatively quiet until then. Which also scares me, because I don't want us to be caught in this Iraq quagmire forever either.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:40 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,863 times
Fanatical religious people who label people baby killers and cocain snorting muslims scare me a hell of a lot more than Barack Obama.

I thought one of you where for Ron Paul. Do you even have a clue what a libratarian is? A populist libratarian?

Old 04-11-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
Fanatical religious people who label people baby killers and cocain snorting muslims scare me a hell of a lot more than Barack Obama.

I thought one of you where for Ron Paul. Do you even have a clue what a libratarian is? A populist libratarian?
Ron Paul is also pro-life and this comes from his career as an obstetrician, who in 35 years of practice never came across a case of abortion being necessary to save a woman's life. The pro-abortion people like to throw around that "save a woman's life" phrase as if its an everyday occurrence. He observes, rightly, that the US Supreme Court has no business even making judgements like Roe V Wade. He's a strict constitutionalist and would abolish Roe v Wade and let individual states decide on abortion laws, as it should be.

Read that article. Being pro-life has nothing to do with religion. It just so happens that religious people usually have more respect for human life than non-religious, on the whole.

And i'm not even necessarily criticizing him for being pro-abortion, I'm criticizing him for being on the lunatic fringe of the pro-abortion side. He supports partial birth abortion fully, and he voted against the Born Alive Infants Protection Act when he was an Illinois state senator, which passed the US Senate unanimously....meaning that even pro-abortion liberals were OK with the bill, which would save the lives of babies born alive in an abortion attempt, rather than leaving them to die of exposure which is what was happening before the law. Planned Parenthood and NARAL were even OK with the bill.
So yes, Obama is on the lunatic fringe of the pro-abortion side.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:54 AM

620 posts, read 2,056,042 times
I was being sarcastic when I described how neocons would characterize Obama. I agree that they are scarier than Obama.

I also think that in any sane society partial birth abortion should be illegal.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:03 AM

I know all about it.....what I am saying is that The religious fanatics are much more scary than Barack Obama. Ron Paul is pro life to an extent. I have seen him speak a few times and you are correct he is against Partial Birth abortion. I am also. I wouldn't label him pro life per se. His stance which is ambigious in my mind is "to protct liberty is to protect life, unborn or born" Something to that extent.

Take it for what you will. Obama his his pro and cons. His stance was more or less trust women to decide on their own. He is more pragmatic on the issue. I dont agree but thats why I am registered to vote!

Old 04-11-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Ron Paul is pro life to an extent.

Ron Paul is without a doubt pro-life. From his website:

The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideals of liberty. My professional and legislative record demonstrates my strong commitment to this pro-life principle.

In 40 years of medical practice, I never once considered performing an abortion, nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.

In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094.

I am also the prime sponsor of HR 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. This is a practical, direct approach to ending federal court tyranny which threatens our constitutional republic and has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn.

I have also authored HR 1095, which prevents federal funds to be used for so-called “population control.”

Many talk about being pro-life. I have taken direct action to restore protection for the unborn.

As an OB/GYN doctor, I’ve delivered over 4,000 babies. That experience has made me an unshakable foe of abortion. Many of you may have read my book, Challenge To Liberty, which champions the idea that there cannot be liberty in a society unless the rights of all innocents are protected. Much can be understood about the civility of a society in observing its regard for the dignity of human life.

Ron Paul 2008 › Issues › Life and Liberty

Old 04-11-2008, 10:29 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
Quote:

Let me guess...Your voting for Hillary? I shouldn't even ask because thats what politically connected sheep are doing in the area right?

They all suck. I like the 2nd Amendment so I'm not voting for a democrat. Everytime they call and ask for my support for Barak or Hillary, they ask if I have any questions.

They get the same one every time. What is their position on gun control?

I never get a answer, never.......All I get is "goto their website".

Either side is going to errode our civil liberties in one way or another. I'm writing in Donald Duck.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:37 AM

....I'm voting for McCain because I believe in supply side economics and he is the only one willing to abide by that. Our dollar is weak and we are hedging all of out intrests in foreign money.

I don't get the anger twords me you have. I have never done a thing to you but disagree. You shouldn't burn that many bridges, diplomacy will get you further.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
....I'm voting for McCain because I believe in supply side economics and he is the only one willing to abide by that. Our dollar is weak and we are hedging all of out intrests in foreign money.

I don't get the anger twords me you have. I have never done a thing to you but disagree. You shouldn't burn that many bridges, diplomacy will get you further.
Are you a Lynett or Doherty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania