Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:56 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,101,492 times

Advertisements

I think its funny and sad that gas will over $4.00 by memorial day and that Exxon posted over $40,000,000,000 in profits last year....That was the single largest profit in one year for a American owned company in HISTORY!!!!!!!!

Bush's answer......Lets start drilling in ANWR... Sure instaed of regulating these companies and their record breaking profits we should go and destroy the last remaining Arctic wildlife and wilderness area for more oil.......

I can't wait till he is gone, anyone would be a better president. Actually my 9yr old should run, it would be an improvement.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:30 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,661,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
I think its funny and sad that gas will over $4.00 by memorial day and that Exxon posted over $40,000,000,000 in profits last year....That was the single largest profit in one year for a American owned company in HISTORY!!!!!!!!

Bush's answer......Lets start drilling in ANWR... Sure instaed of regulating these companies and their record breaking profits we should go and destroy the last remaining Arctic wildlife and wilderness area for more oil.......

I can't wait till he is gone, anyone would be a better president. Actually my 9yr old should run, it would be an improvement.
Agreed Dan. I just don't think Hillary will be any better. I'm not so sure about Obama either, but I think he's the lesser of the two evils.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:02 PM

Donald Duck for prez.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:10 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,661,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Donald Duck for prez.
And Goofy as his running mate for Vice-President.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:23 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Dan Hubbard for president? (Or have you not the hubris?!)

Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 AM

703 posts, read 1,547,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I'm not so sure about Obama either, but I think he's the lesser of the two evils.
Ah, an "independent."

What I like to call the "mushy middle." A lot of these people tend to vote on things like how Gore sighs too much, how Bush sounds "like a regular guy," and how Kerry "windsurfs.... must be an elitist!" That said, there have been huge substantive differences between Bush and Gore, Bush and Kerry, and now McCain and Obama. If you don't believe that, you're either a Marxist (both candidates embrace free market capitalism although to different ends), a Libertarian (both candidates embrace the power of government although to different ends), or uninformed (bah, why bother to educate myself about policy differences?).

This time however, the differences are even greater now that we have a Presidential candidate willing to embrace universal health care and other formerly untouchable liberal policy goals. So if by "lesser of two evils" you mean "starkly different candidates with starkly different policy proposals," you would be right.

But no one cares about policy differences right?

That's too much work!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:46 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,970,902 times
Here's my choice for president:

Attachment 18901
Attached Thumbnails
Political/Off-Topic sticky chat thread-ecd1_1.jpg  

Old 04-30-2008, 08:06 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
Ah, an "independent."

What I like to call the "mushy middle." A lot of these people tend to vote on things like how Gore sighs too much, how Bush sounds "like a regular guy," and how Kerry "windsurfs.... must be an elitist!" That said, there have been huge substantive differences between Bush and Gore, Bush and Kerry, and now McCain and Obama. If you don't believe that, you're either a Marxist (both candidates embrace free market capitalism although to different ends), a Libertarian (both candidates embrace the power of government although to different ends), or uninformed (bah, why bother to educate myself about policy differences?).

This time however, the differences are even greater now that we have a Presidential candidate willing to embrace universal health care and other formerly untouchable liberal policy goals. So if by "lesser of two evils" you mean "starkly different candidates with starkly different policy proposals," you would be right.

That's too much work!
Look who you're lecturing. Better off talking to a wall. This is a kid who's got an "I agree, Dan" key on his keyboard. You think mercury is dense?

There's only one reason he's voting for Obama (namely, that Scranton's mayor supports Clinton) and frankly, the rest of the country is better off if he and others like him didn't vote if that's the extent of their "reasoning".

Old 04-30-2008, 08:18 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,970,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
Ah, an "independent."

That's too much work!
God forbid someone doesn't just walk lock-step behind the agendas of either the democratic or republican party conventions!

Sorry, some of us do hold opinions that do not fit neatly into a little box labeled "democrat" or "republican" or "liberal" or "conservative."

For the record, yes, I do feel that the republican and democratic parties are more alike than they differ. They are both corrupt and couldn't care less about the regular working taxpayer. They are both out to give our hard-earned money to special interests....although the specific special interests may change between the two parties, the end result is the same.

I refuse to let the DNC, the RNC, or the media dictate who I should vote for. And sometimes, actually MOST times, elections come down to holding my nose and picking the lesser of two evils.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
Look who you're lecturing. Better off talking to a wall. This is a kid who's got an "I agree, Dan" key on his keyboard. You think mercury is dense?

There's only one reason he's voting for Obama (namely, that Scranton's mayor supports Clinton) and frankly, the rest of the country is better off if he and others like him didn't vote if that's the extent of their "reasoning".
Who are you voting for?
Hillary is being supported by two of the most corrupt and over spending politicians in the state, Doherty and Rendell and that to some is enough of a reason to NOT vote for her.

On the other hand you have those in the flock that are going to vote for her just because "her family is from here", "she is a local", "I know the Rodhams", or the best "my grandfather worked in the lace works with her dad". I think judging a politician on the company they keep is a more valid reason then what have the flock will use to vote for her.

I think its funny that because Ed agrees with me that you hold that against him. I have met Ed and he is an intelligent, good guy so why not grow up a bit and knock off your childish crap with him, all its does is make you look like the child you are and then you get banned for week because of it. The board seems to flow smoothly while your on hiatus so maybe keeping it up isn't a bad thing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania