Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
God forbid someone doesn't just walk lock-step behind the agendas of either the democratic or republican party conventions!

Sorry, some of us do hold opinions that do not fit neatly into a little box labeled "democrat" or "republican" or "liberal" or "conservative.
Appeared to me that he was pointing out that there are vast differences between candidates, even within the same party. Didn't look to have anything to do, necessarily, with being a Democrat or Republican, but more with each candidate's stand on relevant issues.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:27 AM

Thanks for your input Dan.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:28 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Who are you voting for?
Hillary is being supported by two of the most corrupt and over spending politicians in the state, Doherty and Rendell and that to some is enough of a reason to NOT vote for her.

Agreed. Its safe to assume that if Doherty and Rendell are so enthusiastically supporting Hillary, that Hillary shares common views with Doherty and Rendell. And since I despise Chris Doherty and Ed Rendell and their political views and actions, and would not want to see some of their views coming out of the White House, I wouldn't vote for Hillary. Pretty simple.

Although I also really dislike Barack Obama as well. And John McCain and his "100 year war" comments don't exactly make me want to support him either.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:35 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,061 times
Lets not forget that if Hillary gets it that Rendell and Doherty will be moving on up to the east side deluxe apartment in the sky. The last thing we need anywhere in this country is Doherty and Rendell in the federal gov't.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
Thanks for your input Dan.
Anything for Ewe....

Old 04-30-2008, 08:39 AM

Is the sheep thing really ALL that you have left? Does't that pony know any other tricks?

Old 04-30-2008, 08:42 AM

I'm having way too much fun with Ewe today to stop.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:45 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Although I also really dislike Barack Obama as well. And John McCain and his "100 year war" comments don't exactly make me want to support him either.
So let's get to the bottom of this.

You don't appear to support a continued presence in Iraq, which is a perfectly "conservative" opinion to hold since we're just throwing money down the drain, killing soldiers, and otherwise reducing our military's ability to respond elsewhere. It's a perfectly "liberal" opinion to hold too for the same reasons and others.

You don't appear to like Obama, but do you have actual policy reasons for your reluctance to support him, or do you just "get a funny feeling" from all that nonsense about non-issues like "Bittergate" and "Rev. Wright?"

My hope is that you have actual convictions and have informed yourself about the candidates enough so that you can identify the candidate that best corresponds to those convictions. This is one instance where I actually give credit to single-issue voters like those opposed to abortion rights. At least they're not swayed by whatever the media thinks they can get ratings for and actually vote on policy.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Lets not forget that if Hillary gets it that Rendell and Doherty will be moving on up to the east side deluxe apartment in the sky. The last thing we need anywhere in this country is Doherty and Rendell in the federal gov't.
The thought of Rendell getting his foot in the door and someday there being a President Rendell scares the bejesus out of me. That fathead never met a tax he didn't like. If Doherty went to Washington, it wouldn't scare me as much, because he would probably just get some pee-on job that wouldn't put him in any type of position to run for national office. But Fast Eddie could possibly be Hillary's running mate or get a high-level cabinet position. A President Rendell would raise taxes on everyone....he never met a tax he didn't like. He's raised taxes across the board as governor and as mayor of Philadelphia, he was in charge of the city with the highest local wage taxes in the nation....Philly even charges commuters who live outside the city a 4% wage tax.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post

You don't appear to like Obama, but do you have actual policy reasons for your reluctance to support him, or do you just "get a funny feeling" from all that nonsense about non-issues like "Bittergate" and "Rev. Wright?"

I don't like Obama for his extreme-left positions on abortion. He supports partial birth abortion and he opposed the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, which saved the lives of viable late-term babies who survive an abortion attempt. Before the act, these babies were left in a room to die of exposure. Even pro-choice organizations like Planned Parenthood and NARAL were OK with this bill, and they tend to oppose any restriction on abortion rights. Obama opposed this bill on the state level as an Illinois state senator....the federal version passed 98-0, meaning that even pro-abortion senators were OK with this bill. This tells me that Obama is way out on the left wing fringe on the abortion issue.

The fact that he's associated with people like Wright doesn't put him in a positive light either, but my opinion of Obama has nothing to do with his "former pastor."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania