Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:15 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,517 times

Advertisements

That joke fails far more often than he succeeds. Standing has always been an issue for him, and it will probably continue to be in this case as well. As he is neither a resident nor taxpayer in Covington Twp., he will likely be forced to remove himself altogether as a party to the lawsuit.

Whatever, though. He's got an ego to feed.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:54 AM

164 posts, read 384,879 times
I try not to post much here ... I do however read quite often. Today I could not resist.

Maybe they don't want Mr. Pilchesky ruining their town as he has done in Scranton. We now will probably never get good/qualified people to run for office here in Scranton because they do not want the likes of the DD people slamming on their families every chance they get ... it's a hobby to these people ... maybe they don't want to have their tax dollars wasted on frivolous lawsuits that Pilchesky can't win wasting the courts precious time an a multitude of tax dollars.

And I would say that it is quite unflattering to have someone throw around racial slurs daily ... not occassionaly ... but it is a daily occurance on his site ... he promotes freedom of speech ... yet he banned you ScranBarre ... and why because you had a mind of your own ... and you want this man to come in and expose things in your area ... he makes up 99.9% of the crap he goes on about and does not think it important to back up his statements ... look how much he had done for Dan ... with all of his advice ... but if that's what you want for your town ... all I can say is good luck to you.

All in all I would have to say that Mr. Pilchesky serves no great purpose ... that is just my opinion, yours may differ and that's ok.

Last edited by LusOnlyVoice; 06-21-2008 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: sorry third grade typo's

Old 06-21-2008, 10:02 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,549 times
he makes up 99.9% of the crap he goes on about and does not think it important to back up his statements ..

Im not taking sides on this issue, but I think you run a similar website. from what I have seen, people who live in glass houses.....namecalling , accusations etc. Who is the pot and who is the kettle??

Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 AM

You are right and you are wrong ... do I have a web site yes ... won't discuss that here though ... that wouldn't be right and I learned in one of my very first posts that it was against the rules for me to discuss that. Not gonna start now ... I don't want to be reprimanded again.

We ... I hope can just agree to disagree on this particular subject.

And if I had to say which I am ... I would think that I am the Kettle ... LOL

Last edited by LusOnlyVoice; 06-22-2008 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Darn those third grade typo's!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:15 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,623,549 times
Agreed, I think both Do serve a purpose . in the words of Rodney
King,...

Old 06-22-2008, 11:03 AM

I'm going to finish that ... "Can't we all just get along?"

Old 06-23-2008, 11:02 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusOnlyVoice View Post
And I would say that it is quite unflattering to have someone throw around racial slurs daily ... not occassionaly ... but it is a daily occurance on his site ...
The "n"-word saga should have embarrassed Mr. Pilchesky, yet instead it only reinvigorated him and his followers, many of whom stood by his "right" to use such derogatory comments. The creme de la creme was when Mrs. Gatelli read aloud some of the racially-inflamed comments made about her in an attempt to humiliate Mr. Pilchesky. I don't care if it's your "right" or not to make nasty racist comments about Stacy Brown or homophobic comments about myself---poor taste is still poor taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusOnlyVoice View Post
he promotes freedom of speech ... yet he banned you ScranBarre ... and why because you had a mind of your own
I believe I was banned because Mr. Pilchesky had no idea who I really was and feared that I was a logical equal to him. For all he knew I could have been an attorney investigating his forum on behalf of city council merely posing as a suburbanite promoting the city as a disguise. It was a prudent move for him to swiftly ban me before I managed to shift some of his loyalists against him. Why else would someone who "loves" the city as much as he claims to ban someone who was merely hyping it up?

Old 06-23-2008, 11:04 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
On a side note I have been reading Doherty Deceit this morning and have seen person after person rallying for Dan to make a bid for council. What say you, Mr. Hubbard?

Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
Well, I could mess up the count in the voting area and just choose............but........I won't LOL
Those of us not living in Scranton never know what this is all about....
I am learning some names though, and if I ever move that way I might understand this political talk.........
I saw the Doherty name though on a wooden sign at Nay Aug Park and I suspose maybe he helped with that revamping ??
One day I might understand your area politics.......or maybe.........I'll just head for the beach and stay out of the political banter......... ( sounds good)

Old 06-23-2008, 11:34 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,268 times
Summering, it goes a little like this.

There are groups of folks who grow up together in an area. They go to the sames elementary schools, middle schools High Schools and a variety of very similar Universities. They Graduate, get into private sector work, a lot of times Law.

They either come back to Scranton (those that left) and have some options. They continue to practice law and at the same time get a job with the City. There are good benefits. It is a bit of an ego stroke as well. Through the Job with the city they are able to get first dibs on many intiatives the city is going to undertake. This can be called cronism or as I call it, Job benefit.

They take care of one another. Is it wrong, sure.....you can vote them out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania