Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:03 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times

Advertisements

weluvpa, what do you make of this in this morning's property transfers in Court Notes of the Scranton Times-Tribune?

■ Sherry N. Fanucci, Scranton, to Ida L. Castro, Brooklyn, N.Y., a property at 600 Colfax Ave., Scranton, for $298,000.

Is she going to be relocating out of the city and resigning her position on city council? Did Ray Lyman finally push her over the edge?

Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 AM

32 posts, read 34,286 times
This got deleted by the gestapo in the politics forum, so I figured I would post it here...its the official Neocon map of the world!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
weluvpa, what do you make of this in this morning's property transfers in Court Notes of the Scranton Times-Tribune?

■ Sherry N. Fanucci, Scranton, to Ida L. Castro, Brooklyn, N.Y., a property at 600 Colfax Ave., Scranton, for $298,000.

Is she going to be relocating out of the city and resigning her position on city council? Did Ray Lyman finally push her over the edge?
Hopefully that person from Brooklyn that bought the house is not a slumlord....

Old 09-12-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Adding onto this, can someone explain to me what young Doug Miller has done to make everyone on Doherty Deceit despise him so much? He just organized a very successful fund raiser for a firefighters' memorial in the Electric City, and from all of the times I've seen him approach the podium at the council meetings he's been very articulate, respectful, and well-composed---something you can't say about Phyllis, Fay, Les, Ray, or most of the others who have turned the meetings into Must-See TV on Channel 61 for tens of thousands, including myself.

Speaking of the meetings, what was up with that mentally-ill Phyllis woman ranting and raving over girls being raped? What does that have to do with city council? President McGoff is a complete push over. When people say insulting things and stray off-topic, he just says "Thank You."

Old 09-12-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hu Flung Pu View Post
Hopefully that person from Brooklyn that bought the house is not a slumlord....
I can only hope the same thing. The Hill Section has so much potential to be Scranton's premier urban neighborhood with Nay Aug Park, the hospitals, the Jewish centers, tree lawns, sidewalks, schools, colleges, and downtown all within walking distance, but out-of-town landlords have been snatching up all of the historic homes there and subdividing them into rental units geared towards problem tenants. We've already seen this happen with South Side.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:23 AM

http://www.seattleyachtclub.org/OpeningDay/ParadeInfo/OpeningDay/2008Logo.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-14-2008, 07:27 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Adding onto this, can someone explain to me what young Doug Miller has done to make everyone on Doherty Deceit despise him so much? He just organized a very successful fund raiser for a firefighters' memorial in the Electric City, and from all of the times I've seen him approach the podium at the council meetings he's been very articulate, respectful, and well-composed---something you can't say about Phyllis, Fay, Les, Ray, or most of the others who have turned the meetings into Must-See TV on Channel 61 for tens of thousands, including myself.

Speaking of the meetings, what was up with that mentally-ill Phyllis woman ranting and raving over girls being raped? What does that have to do with city council? President McGoff is a complete push over. When people say insulting things and stray off-topic, he just says "Thank You."
He's a Doherty sheep who thinks he has everything figured out. He's too young to know what it takes to make it in the real world. He sometimes comes off as condescending. I don't know him personally, this is just a sense I get from watching him and talking to other people about him.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Hopefully nobody here who lives in the 11th congressional district (Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Hazleton) is going to vote for Paul Kanjorski. Give Lou Barletta a chance...he's done great in Hazleton, and Kanjorski is just a corrupt good-ol-boy there to make money for himself and his cronies.

Check out this quote from Kanjorski, regarding how he and fellow democrats lied when campaigning in 2006, saying that they would end the war in Iraq:

"I'll tell you my impression. We really in this last election, when I say we...the Democrats, I think pushed it as far as we can to the end of the fleet, didn't say it, but we implied it. That if we won the Congressional elections, we could stop the war. Now anybody was a good student of Government would know that wasn't true. But you know, the temptation to want to win back the Congress, we sort of stretched the facts...and people ate it up."

Old 09-16-2008, 10:58 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,819 times
Lou Barletta, a conservative Republican, isn't going to help us on the Iraq War problem.

And his stances on other issues just aren't where I am.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:13 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
"we sort of stretched the facts, and people ate it up."

I think its safe to say I could not vote for someone who admitted that he and his party lied to get into office. Typical politicians. Say what it takes to get elected and then screw the people.

I could see if you don't want to vote for Barletta, but I can't understand why you would vote for Kanjorski....unless typical NEPA cronyism politics is what you believe in....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania